Musicians and their axes!

Steelharp

A couple Christmas presents.
95 American Standard Strat. New pickups, picguard, and control's on the way. Gonna black it out. Already added Fender locking tuners. Line6 V60 & FBV Mk III Express. Way too many toys in this amp! Lots of fun though. I still want a Vox AC30!
6e965146971069d1e081ea6a788731da.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2016 at 6:48 AM, Smith said:

Just picked this up today. Always wanted a PRS and I got a great deal on this one. It's not American made, but it wasn't $4k either![emoji6]

bed2efab6464f8b95e126cd7b2352a7d.jpg

Wish I had the Epiphone Sheraton II and the '86 Les Paul I had when I thought I was a musician. Sold them 18 years ago to fund my wife's wedding ring. Don't regret it one bit, but I sure liked those guitars.
Now I play in church on Sunday's and that's about it.

What a beauty!

• 3 weeks later...

9jYODiP.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul Standard

kDKLLsP.jpg

Peavey Reactor

HDXIzbG.jpg?1

Takemine G332

x47BC66.jpg?1

Gibson 335-S Deluxe Professional.

Aeh8X8w.jpg?1

Peavey Patriot

cfWO989.jpg?1

Fender Standard Stratocaster (American)

d6SoJXo.jpg?1

Silvertone Acoustic/Electric Archtop

vXfR9bc.jpg?1

Taylor Big Baby.

I finally dug out and photographed our eclectic pile of strings.:D

• Like 1
On 12/28/2016 at 8:34 PM, Smith said:

A couple Christmas presents.
95 American Standard Strat. New pickups, picguard, and control's on the way. Gonna black it out. Already added Fender locking tuners. Line6 V60 & FBV Mk III Express. Way too many toys in this amp! Lots of fun though. I still want a Vox AC30!
6e965146971069d1e081ea6a788731da.jpg

I have a '93 Model American with a Fender amp. Guitar still has the pickguard plastic on it. That is as far as I got into learning. Loooong story....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of my current guitars. The Tele and Strat are parts casters I put together with my specs. Mainly '59 type necks 

ZwhtuuE.jpg

vwRzNOL.jpg

RPdA8UZ.jpg

Changed everything on this one as well. Mad Hatter Terminator wiring (coil split), SD PG bridge/JB Neck, Gotoh Locking tuners, Tusq Nut

yVfKJ8o.jpg

Only one that stayed factory, well ... locking tuners.

rqdFYWT.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...

I went with my son today pawn shop hopping, looking for him an acoustic guitar. We went in the Outpost Pawn Shop in Hendersonville, and he bought a really nice Yamaha from the very nice gentleman who ran the store for what I feel is a great price. I got home and googled the guitar to learn a bit about it, and you'll never believe what I found.

It isn't a guitar LIKE this one. It IS this one!

The sad part is he has no idea who Jimmy Fortune is.

Great playing and sounding guitar anyway.

Tennessee is a pretty cool place.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 3

A lady walks into court, accused of beating her husband with his guitars. The judge asks "First offender?" She said "No, first the Gibson, then the Fender."  Ah Cha Cha

Edited by Will Carry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 1 year later...

I'll play -

Rebuilt Teisco - The D'Armond-style gold foils have such a big sound on a 5 pound guitar!

gFRj7ZU.jpg

Custom Kraft (Kay). Completely stock. The single coil pickups truly scream but I really dig the crazy binding

58krXwB.jpg

S1T1aok.jpg

My first electric and one of the very first G&Ls made. Also, why I hail by Swamp Ash

Pw7C6Zh.jpg

• Like 1

Glad this thread came back! Only picture I have handy of all of them. 
2000 American Standard Strat

Parts Tele (My baby)

Squier Bullet Mustang 

2000ish Taylor 410-CE 

My grandpa and I finished the body and built the Tele together. I had hopes of a decent guitar but after having a local luthier in Memphis level the frets it is literally the best playing guitar that I have ever held or owned. As much as I love my Strat it rarely gets picked up now. The Tele is just so versatile. 

C84C5F68-259C-451F-B417-99558B979DCA.jpeg

• Like 2

Sort of on this topic.... my wife got me a Postive Grid Spark for my birthday about a month ago. What a cool little amp. I've never been a pedal guy, just plugged into the amp and made the best of it. The Spark is a game changer... I think they should have named it Chameleon. There's so much there, hours can quickly disappear into the void of fiddling with settings. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, peejman said:

Sort of on this topic.... my wife got me a Postive Grid Spark for my birthday about a month ago. What a cool little amp. I've never been a pedal guy, just plugged into the amp and made the best of it. The Spark is a game changer... I think they should have named it Chameleon. There's so much there, hours can quickly disappear into the void of fiddling with settings. 

I’ve seen videos of those. They look pretty interesting. I bought into the Boss Katana craze but still use pedals. It’s amazing what amps can do these days. It’s still hard to get that real tube feel but these smaller, lighter amps are getting close enough. 

I've added a few more Gretsch instruments to the stable since my previous post--

First, a 1942 Gretsch Synchromatic 100. All original except for the replacement tailpiece (I still have the original broken tailpiece). This thing just sings.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

Next, a Gretsch G9241 A/E biscuit-bridge Resonator--

spacer.png

I love my Gretsch Park Avenue mandolin so much that I hunted down another one as a "back-up". (older one is lighter sunburst, newer one is darker sunburst)--

spacer.png

Also added another Gretsch mandolin-- an A-body this time-- Gretsch New Yorker A/E Deluxe--

spacer.png

And finally, A Gretsch 5622 centerblock (semi-hollow) model.

spacer.png

And a few more action shots from the last couple of years--

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, peejman said:

I’d not heard of this before your post. I’ll have to pick one up. My kids and I would enjoy that I think.

• Moderators

A slightly different musical instrument than most of y’all. You can tell from the fingerboard and the note diagram on it that I’m not an experienced fiddler, but it is enjoyable, if quite challenging to learn. 

It’s a Fiddlerman Master violin and their “3 star” Pernambuco bow. Not anything super special or extra nice, but a nice step above a basic student violin. 

Ci2qGLi.jpg

I didn’t realize until I went to post the pic that it was kinda blurry. I’ll re-edit to add better pics later. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, gregintenn said:

How long did it take to get yours? I see people bitching that it takes a long time.

About 2 months. She ordered in June, got it a couple weeks ago. Covid killed the supply chain, so hopefully that's getting better. 

Edited by peejman
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Bumping this one back up. I’m passively looking at tube amps and am curious what you fellas are using. My eyes are on a Vox AC15 right now. Blues Junior being a close second. All I have at the moment is a Boss Katana 100. I’m mainly getting my sounds from Ableton with a few plugins. Sold all of my pedals last year and also have to itch to get more.