Alabama, Georgia declare state of emergency after pipeline spill

Grand Torino

Gas stations in Murfreesboro are getting crowded, lol.  Good thing I live about a mile from the center of campus where I work and go to school.  Even when gas prices are cheap, I walk for the exercise more often than not.   Unless I'm driving to Nashville for some reason, I can make a full take last about three weeks with normal trips to the grocery store and out to eat a bit.

Edited by btq96r
A lot of stations out here in Columbia, I topped off the vehicles and cans just in case. Still $1.89 at my local station.

Kroger was .30 cents higher earlier. Now they have signs, "Diesel Only".

Oh well at least I work from home.

I live in Columbia too. I drive a truck and will be home in the morning. I was wondering about our stations. I may be driving my Pete around town this weekend.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, nightrunner said:

Well this makes a bit more sense. Glad I filled up Thursday. Was 1.99, then 2.15 this morning. Figured it was just a sharp increase for Friday.  Sure hope they get it resolved quickly.

To update, was 1.99 Thursday afternoon, 2.15 Friday morning 6am, then 2.39 Friday afternoon 5pm. This is at She'll on Sam Ridley in Smyrna

I know it'd be a pain in the butt to do that all the time, and get expensive, but damn I bet it'd be just a little fun too. [emoji3]

It's a company truck so it doesn't hurt my pocket hard. It's a small company and the boss doesn't mind. I honestly don't remember if I have gas in my Jeep or not. If not, I'll be driving bobtail to get groceries this weekend!
  • Moderators

Weigel's in Farragut was still $1.92 with discount card about an hour ago.  Funny thing though, when I pulled in about half the pumps had plastic bags on the pump handles.  Then a guy comes out and starts taking the bags off.  A State Trooper was there and asked him what was going on.  He said a pipeline in Alabama had broke but they told him to come out and take the bags off of the pump handles.  Guess they were wanting to make it look like they were running out. Things that make you go HHHmmmmmmmmm!

I was out driving around to see if the new shocks helped my truck's ride. A local Shell station in Bellevue was up to $2.59 (for regular unleaded) a little bit ago. People were going in to try to buy gas cans in addition to topping off their SUV.

Edited by bubbadavis
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, nightrunner said:

It's just a regional thing it's not like the whole country is out. It will level back out and likely sooner than later.

Problem is that BP will be shutting down a refinery for 10 days (no info on why, likely maintenance). That, combined with the pipeline repairs, jacked up prices. Although I think if people weren't panicking like that, price increases would have been lower.

In other news, crude oil prices are falling. Not that any of us would benefit from that...

• Like 1
The story I am hearing from local folks near me on Facebook is that most of the stations nearby (Spring Hill, Thompson's Station, College Grove) are running low or out.  Except for Diesel.

Around 9:30 last night in Spring Hill I tried to get a few gallons just because. They were already out of 93 and 89. They literally ran out of 87 while I was pumping. I got almost 8 gallons I think. Wasn't a big deal to me, but there were some tense people at those pumps, or so it seemed to me.