Another "youth" with a BB gun vs police.

bubbiesdad

2 hours ago, Grand Torino said:

Whatever makes anyone take a BB gun or anything else like that when the police are yelling at you is beyond me. Common sense has gone by the wayside. 

Unfortunately you won't find a lot of 13 year olds with a lot of common sense. Contemporary Darwinism generally doesn't afford a second chance.

Of course it’s bad when you have to shoot anymore; prayers for all.

I don’t think they have released the whole story yet. (at least I haven’t seen it) Was this not the suspect identified as being involved in the robbery? Was he using this BB gun to rob people? Who knows why he grabbed it while running. Maybe to get rid of it or maybe he thought it would cause the cop to back off. I don’t know; but it cost him his life. Other than dealing with his own personal issues, I doubt the cop will have any legal problems.

This school shooter was 12 years old, two students wounded one teacher dead plus the shooter….

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/24/justice/nevada-school-shooting-survivor/

When the police respond to an armed robbery call, I'd assume they expect to confront an armed suspect. My guess is they had no more time to analyze how young and cute the suspect was than they did to analyze whether the gun fired BBs or bullets. I bet the media and soon to be protesters believe the officers should have waited to see if getting shot killed them before they decided to use deadly force.

42 minutes ago, BigK said:

I bet the media and soon to be protesters believe the officers should have waited to see if getting shot killed them before they decided to use deadly force.

They can step outside the Police role on this. Do they think a person should go to trial to determine if they were justified in shooting someone that was pointing a BB gun at them in a robbery or burglary? I don’t and I absolutely believe shooting anyone that is trying to make you believe they are pointing a gun at you justifies the use of deadly force. Whether it is a Police Officer, HCP holder or citizen. And whether it is a real gun, empty gun, BB gun, or anything else being threatened as a deadly weapon.

• Like 2

Msn had the guy with him interviewed. he said they both lied down and then the one with the bb gun shot got up and ran. SOrry for anyone losing life, but sounds like a good shoot to me. I am sure some will cry racism, but I think it had nothing to do with it except the racism by liberals that create most of the problems in the black community like fatherless homes. Some are waking up and realizing liberals want them to stay on the plantation to control their votes.

18 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

They can step outside the Police role on this. Do they think a person should go to trial to determine if they were justified in shooting someone that was pointing a BB gun at them in a robbery or burglary? I don’t and I absolutely believe shooting anyone that is trying to make you believe they are pointing a gun at you justifies the use of deadly force. Whether it is a Police Officer, HCP holder or citizen. And whether it is a real gun, empty gun, BB gun, or anything else being threatened as a deadly weapon.

I think most would agree with you sadly the race card is involved here and that is the game being played