Good grief

Say what you will, but it's the dipstick slinging an AR for a trip to Walmart that gives them a story in the first place.  Long guns are for imminent threats, pistols are for defensive carry.  If he needs his long gun, his pistol is the primary means to fight his way to it.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Wow, they managed to hit it all with that article.  Chain smoking, unhealthy, unemployed whackadoodle with an AR-15, up to his ears in debts that he ostensibly isn't paying off, bankrupt, surfs the normal III%'er websites, signed up for the militia, decked his house (impending foreclosure) and raggedy mini-van with security cameras, pulls a "Leonard" and warns the cops that he's coming ahead of time (hoping for a confrontation and a lawsuit I guess), heads to Wal-Mart to tool around on the "Fat Lady Scooter" with his rifle's muzzle precariously stuffed into his shoe, while raiding the "sodas" and junk food aisles, all while scaring the gentle folks.   Hell, they even managed to get a picture of him swilling a Coke and sporting a Trump for President T-shirt.

I guess they left out the revelation that his wife was also his cousin because then the article would have seemed contrived.

No bias in any of that story at all.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Wow, they managed to hit it all with that article.  Chain smoking, unhealthy, unemployed whackadoodle with an AR-15, up to his ears in debts that he ostensibly isn't paying off, bankrupt, surfs the normal III%'er websites, signed up for the militia, decked his house (impending foreclosure) and raggedy mini-van with security cameras, pulls a "Leonard" and warns the cops that he's coming ahead of time (hoping for a confrontation and a lawsuit I guess), heads to Wal-Mart to tool around on the "Fat Lady Scooter" with his rifle's muzzle precariously stuffed into his shoe, while raiding the "sodas" and junk food aisles, all while scaring the gentle folks.   Hell, they even managed to get a picture of him swilling a Coke and sporting a Trump for President T-shirt.

I guess they left out the revelation that his wife was also his cousin because then the article would have seemed contrived.

No bias in any of that story at all.

Even the title of the article is biased. "In open carry America" makes it seem like this is a normal occurrence among the gun community. That guy clearly has some sort of mental instability and likely needs some help.

37 minutes ago, XxthejuicexX said:

Since he rides the scooter is he considered mechanized infantry for the militia? 

Naa, it's pretty much like an Special Operations guy on an ATV.  Especially when you take into account that this guy considers Walmart a threat environment.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, tacops said:

OK, I realize there are "those kind" out there within the gun community, but this has a distinct air of liberal initiated/fabricated propaganda to promote the cause kind of stuff.  Just sayin'.

Of course it's liberal initiated and spin doctored to generate attention and shock unknowledgeable viewers into believing the individual in the story is a representative sample of gun owners in America. TGO David's already addressed my own observations in viewing the story. As others here have said in the past sometimes gun owners are our own worst enemies.

37 minutes ago, TNWNGR said:

Of course it's liberal initiated and spin doctored to generate attention and shock unknowledgeable viewers into believing the individual in the story is a representative sample of gun owners in America. TGO David's already addressed my own observations in viewing the story. As others here have said in the past sometimes gun owners are our own worst enemies.

My point is, I question whether this guy is even real, or simply someone acting the part for the sake of fabricated fictional propaganda.  Granted, I have seen some real doozies out there.

3 hours ago, btq96r said:

Say what you will, but it's the dipstick slinging an AR for a trip to Walmart that gives them a story in the first place.  Long guns are for imminent threats, pistols are for defensive carry.  If he needs his long gun, his pistol is the primary means to fight his way to it.

Of course this guy is a dipstick, but leave it to MSN to milk it for all they can.

On 9/19/2016 at 11:07 AM, 300winmag said:

This guy could have been paid to act like this for the story.  Who knows.  But you can't remove constitutional rights of US citizens because a few people misuse those rights.

You really need to get out more and meet people in the 2nd Amendment community.  There is no question in my mind this is a real person, who at best is playing it up for his 15 minutes of fame, but probably would say and do these exact same things if you or I were sitting down having lunch with him.

The real question is who cares if he takes a rifle around with him?  The same could be said about a lot of segments in the 2nd Amendment community who have almost religious beliefs about firearms, that make them very 'special'.

Don't believe me, make a post about 9mm vs 45, go pop some popcorn and watch the fun ;)

• Like 1
On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 0:07 PM, 300winmag said:

This guy could have been paid to act like this for the story.  Who knows.  But you can't remove constitutional rights of US citizens because a few people misuse those rights.

Kind of like the contestants, I mean guests on Maury and the target audience of ambulance chasing lawyer advertisements

• Like 1