Elite Ammunition S4M

Have any of you bought and shot EA S4M?

Was it dirty like this?

4b12e2568ed2568ffaa529d15a39d7c3.jpg

b4d4ae44b9b548498ecaab8d49962088.jpg

4fd38040caa03dc3ba764770bdf57f4a.jpg

dce408aee5f2197f728b42f4d650117e.jpg

Did it cycle?

EA guy responded on FB and says it's ok, just that the moly is messy.

But none of the pics and video I've seen shows S4M with cases this nasty and with caked up moly on the bullets.

Others who bought previously said theirs didn't look like this either.

This video shows some EA moly coated rounds and look how clean they are:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, prag said:

Jeez. I've never heard of this ammo before, and at that price I would expect it to be friggin' clean and shiny...

Does any of it wipe off? or is it firmly adhered to the cases?

Have you contacted them about this yet?

This was his reply on Facebook:

Jay Wolf It is MOLLY coated. Molly coated bullets are messy. Molly is messy but the performance is worth it.

Just trying to get with other 5.7x28mm owners to see if this is normal for EA S4M and if it cycled OK in their Five-seveN.

I have a feeling with it being this nasty, it won't cycle well.

• Like 1

I've got some 38 and 357 rounds that look like that. The were not wet, but were stored in an area of high humidity after the 2013 flooding here. I keep saying I'm going to tumble them and try to clean them up...just haven't gotten around to it. Yes, I'm slow.

I've got some 38 and 357 rounds that look like that. The were not wet, but were stored in an area of high humidity after the 2013 flooding here. I keep saying I'm going to tumble them and try to clean them up...just haven't gotten around to it. Yes, I'm slow.

Hipower, not sure if you meant assembled rounds or not, but I've heard tumbling assembled rounds could cause problems. Not sure if it's true, just a heads-up. I think it has to do with breaking down the charge and creating a faster catastrophic burn in the cartridge case. FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's assembled rounds, commercially produced. Stories of problems have made the rounds for years, but I've never encountered anyone who has had one.

On several discussions here, I believe the thoughts were that it wasn't a problem.

I'm making sure this was in response to my reply to you? If so, good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry triple d, I didn't quote you on that one. Yes it was a reply to you. I don't guarantee anything, but all I can say is that I personally haven't seen or encountered any problems from an attempt at cleaning commercially loaded rounds.

I do have someone who shall remain nameless, telling me it will work. I was just told not to go overboard on the tumbling. Just get the corrosion and dirt off.

I hope some of the guys involved in that discussion will see this and chime in as well.

• Like 1

Well, guess I won't know until I get out and test fire these rounds.

But the Five-seveN is a pretty tight gun and the factory FNH and Federal cases are coated to help with extraction.

So my fear is, with a tight chamber and the cruddy buildup of Moly, that these might not cycle well and the bullets being caked up might cause more chamber pressure.

I've got my fingers crossed they are good rounds because they have been tested (clean rounds) by many YouTube reviewers in crono velocity tests, level IIIa body armor tests and wound cavity tests, for which S4M performed very good. In fact, they out-performed all the FNH and Federal factory loads available. I assume that's because FNH and Federal are under-loading these rounds to keep them from being AP out of the Five-seveN pistol. 

I've got some T6B coming, too. Three boxes actually.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, FiveSevenRules said:

I know this is an old thread, I acquired 8 boxes of S4m just wondering about the primer area, mine looks a little beaten up but upon closer inspection they are indent marks probably used to load the primer, was yours safe to shoot?

Take a picture so I can see what you're talking about.

It might be a crimp on the primer pocket, but I don't see a crimp on my S4M nor T6B :shrug: