Movie: Hacksaw Ridge (Desmond T. Doss)

Djay3

With all the anticipation surrounding the new WW2 movie "Hacksaw Ridge" I thought this old "This Is Your Life" episode circa 1959 honoring the real life Medal of Honor recipient Desmond T. Doss might interest some folks. The cheesy commercials are a hoot.

We Baby Boomers grew up surrounded by WW2 vets and yet so few shared their stories. I guess many just wanted to forget and move on with life. I just recently learned one of the vets I knew growing up earned the Silver Star and three Bronze Stars in Italy with the First Armored Division. 

• Like 6
  • 5 months later...

My wife saw it in theaters and recently bought it on Blu-ray. She's been nagging me to watch this for a long time, so I finally did last night.

It's an impressive story and despite not liking the guy, Andrew Garfield did a pretty damn good job. In fact, most of the cast put on a hell of a performance. Sadly, one of my favorite celebs, Vince Vaughn, was just plain HORRIBLE in his role. He needs to stick to comedy, because his action drama chops are the worst I've seen since Jean-Claude Van Damme,

I was amazed at the special effects and camera work. Nothing but top-notch work there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.