Hixson Wally World is about out...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the afternoon off Wednesday and looked at Hixson Pike, Brainerd (Eastgate) and Ooltewah wallyworlds. Hixson Pike had about 4-5 boxes of 40 S&W Blazer, but nothing else of note. Eastgate and Ooltewah had next to nothing. I didn't go to Soddy as I'd just been there last Wednesday. :(

Cleveland's wallyworlds were no-go as well.

Did see some .223 White box at Eastgate. They don't seem to have much of an ammo selection though, even before 11/08.

it is going to be this way for sometime. went by the sportman's warehouse to pickup some reloading items. all out in what i was looking for. no #5 powder, no cast bullets in stock, some primer in stock. only had four or five cans of powder. no ammo, just shotgun ammo, bird shot. pistol wall was low on guns. they had lots of shotguns and rilfes. works had no answers for low inventory.

Went to Wally's/Sam's at Gallagher View today...although not out in regular glass shelf, feller did have 10 boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm. I was a super nice guy (as always of course) and only bought 5 of them, and some 12 ga slugs for under $4 per box of 5. Continuing the never ceasing stock up thing.

Also spent extra $100 at Sam's on canned/dried stuff -- want to get at least a couple month's worth of grub stashed, too.

:) or not, you be the judge....

- OS

Went to the Walmart in Knoxville on Chapman Highway Wednesday and bought many boxes of Blazer Brass in .40 and returned this afternoon to grab the remaining boxes I had left behind, but of course they were gone...

But on a good note, Wednesday and today (Saturday) their shelf was literally overflowing with Blazer Brass in 9mm. I'd say they had more boxes of it than I could count! If anyone is in need of some cheap 9 its there waiting for you.

Went to the Gallatin, TN Wal Mart today. They didn't have hardly any handgun ammo. No .45 ACP at all. Some Win. 9mm, .38 Special. And a lot of 22. I am glad that I reload .45 ACP and 9mm. Just bought 1000 rounds of .45 ACP, 230 grain FMJ off of Reloaders Auction.com. $113.00+113.00 shipping & insurance. Not to bad. The only place close to me that sells reloading supplies is The Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet. I was over there Thursday. Got some gun powder. They did not have any 45 230 grain FMJ at all! No 9mm 115 grain FMJ bullets either. Guess I will be looking on the web and try to find some 9mm bullets. gearyr

Guest GUTTERbOY

Went by Hixson on the way home. Lady in front of me bought the last box of 9mm. I picked up four boxes of .40 Blazer Brass and a couple 40-round boxes of .223. Sounded like the guy behind me was gonna buy the rest of the .223, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. Looked like there were maybe eight or so boxes of .40 left after I was done...

had opportunity to go to WalMarts on Millertown Pk. and Halls today.

I was looking for .45Auto. No luck for me. No bulk packed .22's at either as well.

Both did have a relatively large amount of Blazer Brass .40S&W in case anyone here is in need.

Guest abailey362

saw a decent amount of 550 boxes of .22 a both the gunbarrel and ooltewah walmarts. no .40 at either

been buying what 40 i can when i see, but always try and leave 1 or 2 boxes if they have more than a couple when i find it

Two boxes of 7.62x39 left. No .45. A few boxes of 40SW. No 9mm. I asked about the 9mm, and the clerk says that they are receiving the normal amount, but that as soon as they put it on the shelf, someone comes along and buys it all right away. I believe the shortage is being caused by all of us, as we are stocking up, "just in case." We are no longer taking it for granted that the ammo will be there when we want it.

Two boxes of 7.62x39 left. No .45. A few boxes of 40SW. No 9mm. I asked about the 9mm, and the clerk says that they are receiving the normal amount, but that as soon as they put it on the shelf, someone comes along and buys it all right away. I believe the shortage is being caused by all of us, as we are stocking up, "just in case." We are no longer taking it for granted that the ammo will be there when we want it.

I was at the Wal-mart in Franklin, TN today and they are now limiting how many boxes you can buy. With that being said, I picked up a couple more bricks of Federal .22lr. They were pretty well stocked with everything.

The Candy Man paid a visit to Clinton Hwy Wal-Mart last night. I just got back from there and there were two shopping carts full of unopened Blazer Brass cases behind the counter. Lots of 9mm and 40. They had 2 boxes of 45 when I was done. Do not know if any of those unopened cases was 45 or not. But if your're looking it might be worth going over there or calling.

They had a case of WWB .38 - $18.97 for a 50 round box!

The very nice lady there told be that management is seriously considering a 1 box limit on purchases at that location.

Also she laid a new rumor on me, at least I've never heard it, about manufacturs using primers that expire in 6 months. I know that's not happening now, but may be one more thing for somebody to get worked up over!

Edited by Garufa

Also she laid a new rumor on me, at least I've never heard it, about manufacturs using primers that expire in 6 months. I know that's not happening now, but may be one more thing for somebody to get worked up over!

That rumor has been around since the Clinton days.There is no way a primer can be made to do that.Sounds like she has her :) on.

Guest GUTTERbOY
That rumor has been around since the Clinton days.There is no way a primer can be made to do that.Sounds like she has her :) on.

The guy behind me at Hixson starting going off about how they were gonna start serial-encoding all ammunition. I briefly considered correcting him, then decided it wasn't worth it.

I can be severely lacking in the patience department sometimes...

I was at Turkey Creek last night. They still had the same amounts of ammo, except for the value packs of 12 gauge slugs. One couple was looking at the ammo and asked if they were going to stop selling it. The cashier said their was going to be an ammo ban, ammo accountability, etc., at which point, the man bought the remaining seventeen boxes of .40 S&W.

Why sell one box at a time? That's kinda pointless, IMO.

Went by Tullahoma Wally today looking for other things and strolled by the ammo case. To over here a clerk and a bunch of good ol boys(rednecks) talking about the subject. The clerk said a guy bought about 20 boxes yesterday because he had first hand knowledge that the prices where going up 300 percent this week. I really wanted to ask her if he had a knot on his head where the acorn hit him (sky is falling). Of course they were freaked. I laughed and they wanted to know why. Told them they could go to Hero Gear they had tons of ammo that Wally wasn't the only place that sold ammo. man why pay to go to a comedy club when you can go there for free!