Official 2016-2017 Deer Season Thread

58 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Nice 8pt!

I called it a seven because most of the brow tine was broken off. TWRA ruled it an eight point. They must measure a little different than my wife. Guess it depends on where you start the measurement from. ;)

• Like 1

A few friends and I just leased some property this year. The one area I usually hunt is too small to carry a rifle on so that place is a muzzleloader or bow area only. Taking a couple deer off the new place makes it worth doing.

The rifle I used this morning hasn't killed a deer in probably twenty years. The 7400 was passed down to me many years ago and I put it in the safe as a gun to hand down at some point. The 06 did its job. 

Being bucked out, I have to focus on coyote with the .22 mag and taking pictures with the big camera. 

IMG_0985.PNG

• Like 6

Thanks, I am pretty happy with him. All my bucks seem to have tall antlers. The buck I shot last year was 18" tall spike looked almost like a pronghorn. But as much i like antlers i love having the meat. I was thinking of doing a European mount with this one.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, bigtruuck said:

Thanks, I am pretty happy with him. All my bucks seem to have tall antlers. The buck I shot last year was 18" tall spike looked almost like a pronghorn. But as much i like antlers i love having the meat. I was thinking of doing a European mount with this one.

Did one last year, not to difficult and much less expensive.

• Like 2
  • Admin Team
On 11/21/2016 at 10:19 AM, gregintenn said:

IMG_1075_zpsjelwrmge.jpg

Finally.....a decent buck!

My youngest who's five was sitting beside me this morning while I was looking at this thread.  

He looked at this deer and said, "Oh man, dad.  Mom and I saw that deer on the road the other day. I'm so glad your friend found it and brought it home."

• Like 6
10 hours ago, MacGyver said:

My youngest who's five was sitting beside me this morning while I was looking at this thread.  

He looked at this deer and said, "Oh man, dad.  Mom and I saw that deer on the road the other day. I'm so glad your friend found it and brought it home."

Don't tell him I'm going to eat it!:eek::eek:

• Admin Team
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Don't tell him I'm going to eat it!:eek::eek:

Oh, he gets that part.

I'm not sure he totally gets the difference between a deer and reindeer, though.  Because he did follow up with, "Santa is going to be so sad." :(

• Like 2