New TGO web host report card. Post your feedback here.

Grade the new web host and post your comments in-line.  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new web host and post your comments in-line.

• (A+) The site is much faster and I'm getting emails that I hadn't before.
    • (B) The site is faster but I'm still not getting my emails.
    • (C) Really no change for the good or bad from what I can see.
    • (D) The site is slower but I'm still getting my emails from TGO.
    • (F) The site is both slower and I'm no longer getting my emails from TGO.

• Administrator

Now that we have had about 24 hours to operate with TGO hosted with our new web hosting company, tell me what you think about it.

• How fast does it respond to requests for new pages?
  • How fast do the pages load?
  • Are you getting the appropriate emails from the server?

Please keep your comments relative to the way things used to be on the old server. If the page loaded slow on the old server because you're on a dial-up or other slow connection, you should not assume that this move will have suddenly made things faster for you.

Thanks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Those of you who have already replied, please vote in the poll at the top of the thread also. I just added it to help me get an "at a glance" feel for things. Keep in mind that a vote for "C" is not a bad thing; it just means it was working good before and is still working good now. :P

• Administrator
I'm not sure what emails you're talking about, but I don't think I've ever received an email since becoming a member of TGO.:P

Are you sure you admin another forum?

The emails in question are those you would receive were you to subscribe to a thread or a forum and request that the TGO forum email you when new threads or posts were made. In addition to other things.

Are you sure you admin another forum?

The emails in question are those you would receive were you to subscribe to a thread or a forum and request that the TGO forum email you when new threads or posts were made. In addition to other things.

If the only emails I would have received were from subscribed threads, that would explain why haven't received any emails. I don't subscribe to threads.

And as far as me Admining another forum, you seem to be far more sure of that than I am.

• Administrator
If the only emails I would have received were from subscribed threads, that would explain why haven't received any emails. I don't subscribe to threads.

And as far as me Admining another forum, you seem to be far more sure of that than I am.

No, I'm pretty sure you make an effort to point it out every time you post by virtue of your signature. :P

No, I'm pretty sure you make an effort to point it out every time you post by virtue of your signature. :P

If that's a problem, I would be more than happy to remove the link. Seeing how countless other members have links to countless other gun forums in their signature, I didn't realize it would cause any trouble. I have made a conscience effort to NEVER discuss that site in a public forum on TGO.

As I stated in a previous thread, that site is not mine. Someone asked me if I would be willing to help out a little, and I agreed. IIRC, there are other TGO members who are Admin's or Mod's on other forums as well.

Again, if the link in my signature is causing you any trouble at all, just say the word, and I'll be more than happy to remove it. I'm not here to cause any trouble.

• Administrator

It would be a little more polite to ask before linking to other forums in your signature. Especially when that other forum's lineup is a fairly blatant ripoff of our own. If you wish to discuss it further, PM me. In the meantime, removing it would be nice.