+1 JWP my M11/9 SMG with LAGE MAX-11 Kit

Have to give a huge +1 to JWP and Coal Creek Armory for making my first machine gun purchase so easy! :screwy: Got me hooked up and even let me make no interest payments :D I bought it over a month ago, but wanted to wait til I could get it pictured once it was accessorized or made "tacti-cool" Anyways...heres the before and after pics:

001vz5.jpg

By magiccarpetrides,

003yi9.jpg

By magiccarpetrides004xl1.jpg

By magiccarpetrides005mg2.jpg

By magiccarpetrides

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
pictures
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accessories are: Max-11 "slow fire" upper (~600rpm), CAA Folding Fore Grip, C-More sight, New Style Collapsible Stock, Extended Cocking Knob, Recon Ordinace 30rd and 56rd mags. If it will fit I plan on putting a Hogue Universal grip on it...other then that I think shes good to go. I just put the new upper and acc's on tonite so maybe Sunday I will have a range report on her with the new stuff.

No can yet....plan on getting one sometime in the future when im un-broke lol. The 56rd'r is pretty helarious...unfortunately the fit and finish on it is not nearly as good as the standard recon ordinance mags so im gonna have to send it back...i might see if he will just swap me for some more standard sized mags. Bkelm...might go todaoy later in the afternoon....drop me a pm with your number and I will call you if we go.

Guest VolDaddy

Nice pics Magi. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. I ordered Richards wrap around pistol grip, but I returned it. I did not like the way it felt or the extended safety. The OEM setup worked best for me.

Over on uzitalk.com C&S metalworks is asking people if they would be interested in custom drums for the M-11. They made them years ago. They were the only ones that could get thes to work. But they wont be cheep. Again congrats....

LOL...well if your ever gonna be down in knoxville let me know ahead of time and I will let you shoot both :-D

I thought I hated you when I saw your slick 870 AOW...

Now I know what hate is... and I HATE you! :koolaid:

Haha, seriously though, congrats. I've taken a liking to machine pistols as of late, and I like the looks of yours.

Nice pics Magi. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. I ordered Richards wrap around pistol grip, but I returned it. I did not like the way it felt or the extended safety. The OEM setup worked best for me.

Over on uzitalk.com C&S metalworks is asking people if they would be interested in custom drums for the M-11. They made them years ago. They were the only ones that could get thes to work. But they wont be cheep. Again congrats....

I was wondering if a Hogue Universal would work...I almost bought the Lage grip but decided it wasnt my style. Jerry from Recon Ordinance is making some drums but he said they were gonna be almost $400 *OUCH* I need to return the 56rd extended mag because the machining on it was very rough and it doesnt really fit in the gun....I dunno if im gonna ask for a refund or just get some more std mags. If C&S makes a drum let me know!

Alright so the Lage Max-11 upper is a must.....Gun ran absolutely perfect...for about 400rds...then it started having a few hiccups but I couldnt quite figure out if it was the ammo, operator, or mag....so gives me a good excuse to give her another run this morning over at CCA. :-D While we are talking NFA stuff.....AOW's are a party favor everyone should own for the $5.00 admission.

I have two recoil springs that I swap out on mine. With the heavier recoil spring it would short stroke with weak ammo and run away. I've also found a few other small problems with feeding. If you have any recurring problems give me a shout and I'll help you work through them. If you do have problems/questions Richard is a nice guy and will help you out. It seems e-mail is the easiest way to catch him.

DSCN2788.jpg

Awesome man...thanks for the help! Btw I found the Pachmayer slip on grip works great! I bought it at CCA for $9.99 it takes a lil elbow grease to get on but feels good, looks good, and doesnt interfere with the mag release. Good lookin M11 btw...I like the canted grip...is the suppressor worth doin?

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
compliments

The suppressor is definatley worth doing. I shoot a lot at the house so suppression is mandatory :hat: I started off using the CAC-9 on the factory M-11 barrel but once I got the Lage upper I swapped to a 3-lug SWR Trident-9. The Trident worked well, but I got a lot of gassing because of the decreased volume. I sent the CAC back to Tom Bowers and he put a new mount on it so I can mount it on the Lage upper with 1/2-36 threads. You are more than welcome to try either out sometime. I shoot a good amount and had to send my Trident back to SWR to be serviced, but hopefuly it should be sent back to me soon. The CAC is a good suppressor for the M-11, but the Trident is a great suppressor all the way around. I swap it between the M-11, an SBR 9mm AR and a Glock 19, all with wonderful results.

The suppressor is definatley worth doing. I shoot a lot at the house so suppression is mandatory :koolaid: I started off using the CAC-9 on the factory M-11 barrel but once I got the Lage upper I swapped to a 3-lug SWR Trident-9. The Trident worked well, but I got a lot of gassing because of the decreased volume. I sent the CAC back to Tom Bowers and he put a new mount on it so I can mount it on the Lage upper with 1/2-36 threads. You are more than welcome to try either out sometime. I shoot a good amount and had to send my Trident back to SWR to be serviced, but hopefuly it should be sent back to me soon. The CAC is a good suppressor for the M-11, but the Trident is a great suppressor all the way around. I swap it between the M-11, an SBR 9mm AR and a Glock 19, all with wonderful results.

I would love to come check out the suppressed setup. I ran mine again yesterday at CCA. Overall it did pretty good, but i have a kink somewhere cause im still getting FTF/FTE randomly. Really random when it happens and im trying to duplicate the cause(mag?, ammo?, springs?), but not havin a lot of luck sourcing it. I finally conned the girlfriend into going with...she thought it was pretty great. Now I just gotta convince her the AOW wont hit her in the face lol.