Panic Buying?

SavageSig

3 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Sling hardware overpriced? I have one of those plain jane silent slings for my A2 rifle, just to keep it authentic. Pain in the ass, cause then the sling gets hung on other things in the safe unless I unlace it. I like to have my AR's a little more capable than just shooting wabbits. ALL my rifles, including my Fudd guns have QD hardware. The Fudd guns are all style QD.

Yes, sling hardware is overpriced, at least in the cost/benefit analysis as I see it.  Take that basic $10 sling, use some parachute cord and attach it to the sling mount under the FSP and you have the same effect of a QD swivel.  Want it of?  It takes all of three extra seconds to unfasten the sling if you want to remove it.  Though aside from cleaning, I have a hard time seeing why you'd need to.

I think the regular sling is good to go for more than shooting wabbits.  You can use it for stability in most shooting positions.  It's also practical for carrying in the front with the sling over the shooting shoulder and under the support arm.  I carried my M4 with that same style sling in Iraq and Afghanistan and actually preferred it over all the taticool slings that were saturating the market...though I admit that the Vickers BFG and VTAC types hadn't come out yet, and those are pretty good (though I'd say people are shelling out for for "Vickers" on the BFG).

With the panic about to hit, a good bit of ammo and/or a spare parts kit would be a far better investment.  Regardless, I think the sling is one of the last pieces of kit someone should be overthinking about with their first AR.  Get good at putting rounds on target, find the sights/optic you want, and then you can overpay for a sling you'll barely use.  :P

Edited by btq96r

As in past it will happen overnight. If Don wins no change but prices may not go much lower as they are there. At some point if HRC look like she is 

going to win or wins there will be a big rush on Guns,parts& ammo and in a few days everything will be wiped out. You seen it happen with Clinton

Obama and even W Bush. From what i seen it is the mass of first time buyers in a panic and this one may be longer lasting. If can stock up on what

you may need very soon.  Look what happened with the gas shortage last month in Mid TN people ran out and filled all their vehicles when they did

not need to and created their own shortage. Human nature can be strange.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, btq96r said:

Yes, sling hardware is overpriced, at least in the cost/benefit analysis as I see it.  Take that basic $10 sling, use some parachute cord and attach it to the sling mount under the FSP and you have the same effect of a QD swivel.  Want it of?  It takes all of three extra seconds to unfasten the sling if you want to remove it.  Though aside from cleaning, I have a hard time seeing why you'd need to.

I think the regular sling is good to go for more than shooting wabbits.  You can use it for stability in most shooting positions.  It's also practical for carrying in the front with the sling over the shooting shoulder and under the support arm.  I carried my M4 with that same style sling in Iraq and Afghanistan and actually preferred it over all the taticool slings that were saturating the market...though I admit that the Vickers BFG and VTAC types hadn't come out yet, and those are pretty good (though I'd say people are shelling out for for "Vickers" on the BFG).

With the panic about to hit, a good bit of ammo and/or a spare parts kit would be a far better investment.  Regardless, I think the sling is one of the last pieces of kit someone should be overthinking about with their first AR.  Get good at putting rounds on target, find the sights/optic you want, and then you can overpay for a sling you'll barely use.  :P

LOL. My second sling is a Vickers with an MS4 adapter on it. Rigged the same as the MS4. I quit tying my slings on my rifles when I moved from .177 cal. High school kids are so irresponsible :-)

Nothing wrong with the plain ole sling of you're running short on money. I have slung a rifle with a rope when I was a young un.

Edited by mikegideon
57 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Did you just get back from a vacation on Mars? ;)

- OS

I have been here the whole time. HRC will most likely be elected. That will begin my long period of civil disobedience. I will no longer take the US government seriously, or look to it for any improvement... ever.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I have been here the whole time. HRC will most likely be elected. That will begin my long period of civil disobedience. I will no longer take the US government seriously, or look to it for any improvement... ever.

Barack Hussein Obama has already taken our country to the S### hole by design and purpose. I don't believe we will ever see the good ole days any more, and half of the country's people know it and are getting prepared for the days of civil disobedience.

Thank you for the suggestions - I went with a MS4 sling - found a cheap deal on ebay and had some ebay bucks, so why not. I also plan on picking up some plain Jane slings to have around. My 22s need straps!

For the record, I am not preparing for civil disobedience.

Edited by SavageSig
9 minutes ago, bud said:

Civil disobedience and armed rebellion are not one and the same. Seems foolish to advocate for either on a public gun forum. 

Civil disobedience is a real broad term. I'm not foolish. Becoming as useless as some Hillary supporters is civil disobedience in my book.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2

The US was founded on civil disobedience. Why would anybody believe that round two may be on the way? Hillary is just a harmless politician, right? I don't think it will turn to shooting it out with the government. But, the constitution DOES recognize our right to own guns for that very purpose. And don't believe for a second that they don't know it. 

• Like 1
On 10/12/2016 at 4:04 PM, tacops said:

Now is the time to avoid the run up.  Dig deep and get what you need then relax and watch.  I have watched four distinct run ups now and have yet to see ammo go back down to where it started from.  The cheapest I have bought Lake City 5.56 in the last two years was $309 per thousand which sold out in a blink of an eye at Wally World.  Prior to that was $279 per K.  Those days are gone.  It used to me much cheaper than that but then gas used to be $1 dollar a gallon too.  Buy now, store safely and sensibly, no worries.

You can get it cheaper... I just ordered 5000 .223 for $1339 shipped.  that comes down to 0.267 each shipped.

4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I figure that if the right to keep and bear arms was important enough for our founders to included in our constitution, I probably ought to own a few, don't ya think?

A few? You're like me. You make liberals piss themselves at the thought of your "arsenal".

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I'll bet the delivery guy was pizzed!:D

They were more pissed off at the last order, it was quite larger - needed some steel ammo for LTS.  The recent batch was just because I didn't have any .223/5.56 brass for reloads.

9 hours ago, bud said:
9 hours ago, bud said:

Civil disobedience and armed rebellion are not one and the same. Seems foolish to advocate for either on a public gun forum. 

I didn't advocate for civil disobedience or armed rebellion. I just pointed out what millions of Americans are preparing for. They haven't just been buying all those record number of guns the last eight years just to go hunting. 99% of them are law abiding citizens that believe in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment. As for civil disobedience, you have been seeing it in our cities the last few years, and probably will see more of it coming to our cities. 

To me, panic buying guns and ammo is like having a sense that something is about to hit the fan and I better not be left unprepared.

Edited by Scorpion Equalizer
3 hours ago, tercel89 said:

It's funny since I bought my only AR15 a few months after the "Clinton ban" went away in 2004 . I'd get what I could now. I lived through the Clinton/Brady ban and it sucked butt.

Prices will see a bump depending on what happens tomorrow night, and then there will be a complete disregard for everything that has happened a week before the election and panic buying will ensue.

• Like 2