Panic Buying?

SavageSig

It's anticipatory panic. If Hildebeast wins, there will be attacks on our sport and everyone knows it. Nobody knows exactly what form it will take, but we all know it would be arriving under her watch.

It's faux panic in the sense that nothing is currently becoming law to create restrictions.

But it's real panic because the likelihood of that happening is increasing.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Prices will see a bump depending on what happens tomorrow night, and then there will be a complete disregard for everything that has happened a week before the election and panic buying will ensue.

unfortunately you are correct , no offense to you , just to the politics

5 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

You can get a much nicer rifle for that price. I could be in the minority but I don't understand why anyone would want the fixed front site and those hand guards.

But it shoots .223 AND 5.56 !!!

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:54 PM, gregintenn said:

I figure that if the right to keep and bear arms was important enough for our founders to included in our constitution, I probably ought to own a few, don't ya think?

I try to have a few.  A few rifles.  A few shotguns.  A few pistols.  A few revolvers.  

• Like 1

I was at a gun store this morning, and one of their employees was giving the "you better stock up now before the election" sales pitch. I also received an email from another gun store that said  "all distributors are out of 5.56".  So it begins. I got some pmags for sale for 30$ each.

33 minutes ago, broox said:

I was at a gun store this morning, and one of their employees was giving the "you better stock up now before the election" sales pitch. I also received an email from another gun store that said  "all distributors are out of 5.56".  So it begins. I got some pmags for sale for 30$ each.

They'll sell shortly.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, broox said:

Prices ain't going up yet, and LOTS in stock...

https://www.wideners.com/rifle/223-5.56-ammo

1 hour ago, broox said:

Was the PMAG and sales pitch the same store?  Hyperbole as a sales pitch just irks me, and $30 per PMAG is just egregious.  I can see a LGS or even some online retailers going as high as $15-$18 for profit margins, but when Primary Army still has the basic M2 MOE PMAG in stock for $9.99, that LGS or online retailer isn't supporting the community.

14 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Was the PMAG and sales pitch the same store?  Hyperbole as a sales pitch just irks me, and $30 per PMAG is just egregious.  I can see a LGS or even some online retailers going as high as $15-$18 for profit margins, but when Primary Army still has the basic M2 MOE PMAG in stock for $9.99, that LGS or online retailer isn't supporting the community.

I think you missed the tongue in cheek. They were $30 after Sandy Hook, when our rights were really in danger. Hillary is a huge threat. I don't think she will be all it takes. But, pile on a real juicy mass killing, and we could see it again.

But, it's not time yet

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I think you missed the tongue in cheek. They were $30 after Sandy Hook, when our rights were really in danger. Hillary is a huge threat. I don't think she will be all it takes. But, pile on a real juicy mass killing, and we could see it again.

But, it's not time yet

Mikegideon gets me. It was sarcasm trying to acknowledge the LGS attempting to hype up sales. I think it is a definite possibility of a run on guns/ammo/mags but only time will tell.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, broox said:

Mikegideon gets me. It was sarcasm trying to acknowledge the LGS attempting to hype up sales. I think it is a definite possibility of a run on guns/ammo/mags but only time will tell.

I would have called bull####. There is cheap ammo everywhere right now.

9 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

But, it's not time yet

Yeah, that one went over my head. 

2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

But, it's not time yet

I sold my ar10 pmags for $70 each.  A bunch of them :)

<edit>

... forgot to say, I bought them all back for $15 a while later 

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1