Jump to content

Panic Buying?


SavageSig

Recommended Posts

It's anticipatory panic. If Hildebeast wins, there will be attacks on our sport and everyone knows it. Nobody knows exactly what form it will take, but we all know it would be arriving under her watch.

It's faux panic in the sense that nothing is currently becoming law to create restrictions.

But it's real panic because the likelihood of that happening is increasing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Prices will see a bump depending on what happens tomorrow night, and then there will be a complete disregard for everything that has happened a week before the election and panic buying will ensue.

unfortunately you are correct , no offense to you , just to the politics

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I don't blame them for trying this tactic. It's been quite effective the last two election cycles. 

You can get a much nicer rifle for that price. I could be in the minority but I don't understand why anyone would want the fixed front site and those hand guards.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, XxthejuicexX said:

You can get a much nicer rifle for that price. I could be in the minority but I don't understand why anyone would want the fixed front site and those hand guards.

But it shoots .223 AND 5.56 !!!

 

Link to comment
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:54 PM, gregintenn said:

I figure that if the right to keep and bear arms was important enough for our founders to included in our constitution, I probably ought to own a few, don't ya think?

I try to have a few.  A few rifles.  A few shotguns.  A few pistols.  A few revolvers.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I was at a gun store this morning, and one of their employees was giving the "you better stock up now before the election" sales pitch. I also received an email from another gun store that said  "all distributors are out of 5.56".  So it begins. I got some pmags for sale for 30$ each.

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, broox said:

I was at a gun store this morning, and one of their employees was giving the "you better stock up now before the election" sales pitch. I also received an email from another gun store that said  "all distributors are out of 5.56".  So it begins. I got some pmags for sale for 30$ each.

They'll sell shortly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, broox said:

I was at a gun store this morning, and one of their employees was giving the "you better stock up now before the election" sales pitch. I also received an email from another gun store that said  "all distributors are out of 5.56".  So it begins. I got some pmags for sale for 30$ each.

Prices ain't going up yet, and LOTS in stock...

https://www.wideners.com/rifle/223-5.56-ammo

Link to comment
1 hour ago, broox said:

I was at a gun store this morning, and one of their employees was giving the "you better stock up now before the election" sales pitch. I also received an email from another gun store that said  "all distributors are out of 5.56".  So it begins. I got some pmags for sale for 30$ each.

Was the PMAG and sales pitch the same store?  Hyperbole as a sales pitch just irks me, and $30 per PMAG is just egregious.  I can see a LGS or even some online retailers going as high as $15-$18 for profit margins, but when Primary Army still has the basic M2 MOE PMAG in stock for $9.99, that LGS or online retailer isn't supporting the community.

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Was the PMAG and sales pitch the same store?  Hyperbole as a sales pitch just irks me, and $30 per PMAG is just egregious.  I can see a LGS or even some online retailers going as high as $15-$18 for profit margins, but when Primary Army still has the basic M2 MOE PMAG in stock for $9.99, that LGS or online retailer isn't supporting the community.

I think you missed the tongue in cheek. They were $30 after Sandy Hook, when our rights were really in danger. Hillary is a huge threat. I don't think she will be all it takes. But, pile on a real juicy mass killing, and we could see it again.

But, it's not time yet

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I think you missed the tongue in cheek. They were $30 after Sandy Hook, when our rights were really in danger. Hillary is a huge threat. I don't think she will be all it takes. But, pile on a real juicy mass killing, and we could see it again.

But, it's not time yet

Mikegideon gets me. It was sarcasm trying to acknowledge the LGS attempting to hype up sales. I think it is a definite possibility of a run on guns/ammo/mags but only time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, broox said:

Mikegideon gets me. It was sarcasm trying to acknowledge the LGS attempting to hype up sales. I think it is a definite possibility of a run on guns/ammo/mags but only time will tell.

I would have called bull####. There is cheap ammo everywhere right now.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I think you missed the tongue in cheek. They were $30 after Sandy Hook, when our rights were really in danger. Hillary is a huge threat. I don't think she will be all it takes. But, pile on a real juicy mass killing, and we could see it again.

But, it's not time yet

Yeah, that one went over my head. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I think you missed the tongue in cheek. They were $30 after Sandy Hook, when our rights were really in danger. Hillary is a huge threat. I don't think she will be all it takes. But, pile on a real juicy mass killing, and we could see it again.

But, it's not time yet

I sold my ar10 pmags for $70 each.  A bunch of them :)

<edit>

... forgot to say, I bought them all back for $15 a while later 

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.