Where to find a Dillon press?

I'm going to make the jump and finally get a progressive press. I've had a rock chucker for 15 years now and I'm just getting lazy......... I want a more simple way to do things. 

I had heard that Outpost Armory carried Dillon but on their website I couldn't find one. Where in middle Tennessee can I find Dillon products? 

x2 for Reloaders Bench. They know the product and have good selection of new and used parts. If your shell plate or buttons fit other caliber kits you can piece together another set up and save a few bucks. Everyone else has caliber conversion kits and presses only.  it is a money pit if you a lot of calibers and these guys saved me a few bucks. 

• Like 1

Jp, it will be addictive. I too started on a rockchucker and after getting the sdb I literally couldn't walk past it without loading 15-20 rounds and chuckling to myself at all the ammo I had made in such a short short time. Enjoy it and you will want to kick yourself for not getting one 14 years ago!! LOL

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I found one in the ads on the back of the newsletter that comes with my electricity bill.

Found one on Craig's List

Found one on eBay 

Buying a Dillon press new, the best that any dealer can do is throw in some free stuff, as Dillon controls the price of their presses and a dealer who tries to sell under will no longer BE a dealer

Edited by noylj
4 minutes ago, noylj said:

Buying a Dillon press new, the best that any dealer can do is throw in some free stuff, as Dillon controls the price of their presses and a dealer who tries to sell under will no longer BE a dealer

That’s pretty common with a lot of stuff. It keeps places with no interest in customer support from simply being the lowest price on the net and damaging the name. They need good dealers and it also protects them. Take advantage of the free stuff.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, 1gewehr said:

The Reloading Bench in Mount Juliet carries Dillon products.  Also, everything else you will need for reloading. 

I'll have to stop there this week.  I need a set of 9mm dies and some primers.  I've usually gotten my Dillon products on line.

9 hours ago, tnhawk said:

I'll have to stop there this week.  I need a set of 9mm dies and some primers.  I've usually gotten my Dillon products on line.

I buy local when I can. I got a great deal on a used press off Gunbroker, so I broke my rule there. But I've bought everything at Reloaders Bench since I got the press home. 

Funny how this always works, but since my original post I've had two more 550B presses come my way at real good deals. 

On 10/9/2016 at 9:45 AM, jparris001 said:

I'm going to make the jump and finally get a progressive press. I've had a rock chucker for 15 years now and I'm just getting lazy......... I want a more simple way to do things. 

I had heard that Outpost Armory carried Dillon but on their website I couldn't find one. Where in middle Tennessee can I find Dillon products? 

I think that's where I got mine. Is it in Cookville?

On 10/15/2016 at 8:30 PM, jparris001 said:

I found a great deal on Gunbroker. Came set up for 45ACP and 38/357. Nothing appeared to have ever been used. And I've cranked out quite a few rounds of 45 this weekend. I can see this becoming pretty addictive. 

Which model did you get?

Oh Hell, just call Dillon. You're not going to save any money buying local and you're going to be asked all the right questions. Also you will be assigned a customer number so you will be able to get any parts from their lifetime guarantee without 20 questions.

I've had my 650 for 15 years and the only thing that has ever gone wrong was some small plastic part. But whatever you need they have in your mailbox in 3-4 days postage paid. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jparris001 said:

550B

Good choice!  I've been using mine for nearly 25 years and not a single problem other than I've worn out a few pick up fingers on the primer tubes.  Needless to say I am very pleased with mine.  I don't shoot nearly as many metallic cartridges as I used to but enough to justify keeping it around.   I have a friend that recently acquired a Dillon 650 and I helped him set it up over the weekend.  We mounted it, set up case feeder and set the .223 dies and adjusted the powder seetting on Saturday.  I went back on Sunday and we cranked out 1000 rounds in under three houres.  I'm thinking I may have to upgrade because to be honest I got a little spoiled in one 3 hour session.

• Like 1