Looks like a new LCP!

Steelharp

2 hours ago, jgradyc said:

Can someone explain the trigger to me? The article says it's shorter pull, but it also has the trigger safety thingy. This is a new trigger, right?

It's a new striker fired design. The current LCP is double action hammer fired. 

The larger size seems counter productive to me, especially with the LC380. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jgradyc said:

Can someone explain the trigger to me? The article says it's shorter pull, but it also has the trigger safety thingy. This is a new trigger, right?

If you recall the original Ruger LC9 started out as a hammer fired DAO pistol and was updated to the striker fired LC9s. The LC9 was later discontinued with the LC9s being a much better pistol. Think of the striker fired LC9s trigger assembly as being very Glock'ish.

1 hour ago, peejman said:

It's a new striker fired design. The current LCP is double action hammer fired. 

The larger size seems counter productive to me, especially with the LC380. 

That's my thoughts as well and I really don't see Glock making both a LCP and LCP II at the same time for very long. I'll have to see and handle one myself to know if its a better overall set up.

I like the sights.  I don't like that it is striker fired.  I will never carry a striker fired pistol and that goes double for a pocket pistol.  But that is just me - I know a lot of folks like them.

Edited by JAB

I do

On 10/10/2016 at 2:05 PM, JAB said:

I like the sights.  I don't like that it is striker fired.  I will never carry a striker fired pistol and that goes double for a pocket pistol.  But that is just me - I know a lot of folks like them.

Me either. I'd point out that there are some mods you can make to the standard KelTec P3AT trigger to take out the slack in the trigger before the actual pull starts and shorten the pull after the trigger actually releases. Together they shorten the trigger pull by more than half. These two mods make these little guns (LCP, TCP, P3AT) easier to shoot accurately.  You can find these mods at THEKTOG.ORG forum. You can also buy an aftermarket trigger that gets good reviews from P3AT owners. By the way, THEKTOG currently has a comparision of the Ruger RM380 versus the P3AT. I'm sure they'll be doing side by side comparisons of the LCP II with the P3AT soon.

Edited by jgradyc

I held one when picking up an action yesterday at my FFL.   It is little, but I liked it.  Not sure compared to the old one, but it cannot feel much larger in practice.  This thing was small.  The trigger was what I consider to be like most other striker triggers and that is a long pull, but for it's intended use, I don't think that is bad.  I suspect with some practice, anyone could use it in a defensive situation.    I probably never would have considered one before, but I do like the idea of pocket carry at times and my Shield is just a bit too big for that.  This may fit the bill.  I am curious to see how snappy it is when shooting.

Edited by Hozzie
5 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

It is NOT a striker fire pistol. It is hammer fire.

Does it feel the same as the old one? If so, that trigger safety is more useless than most. You gotta really mean to make an LCP go bang.

Edited by mikegideon

I read a lot about different trigger pulls on many of these smaller semi's and I have often wondered something. We all carry a firearm for protection of ourselves and family or others. The way I look at this is "IF" and I mean "IF" anyone one here ever hand to actually use the gun mentioned here or the LCP 380's or S&W Bodyguards or any guns of this design and we actually did have to fire the weapon at what level would your adrenalin be pumping and do you actually feeling you would not pull the trigger so fast that the long trigger pull would have any effect on you discharging the weapon. I carry a select number of Bersa Semi autos which are designed to fire in a single action / double action operation. If the Bersa hammer is cocked and locked when safety is released it is automatic. If the hammer is unloaded and I have to do a long trigger pull for first round and I knew I was going to be forced to fire my weapon I honestly believe my first round would leave the gun in a split second even on a long trigger pull but that is just my humble opinion. Would like to hear other thoughts on this.

• Like 2