Upcoming Hinderer Harpoon Grind Fattys

Guys,

in a month or so they will be doing a run of Harpoon Grind Fattys these look awesome and if you have ever held an XM18 these Fattys are much beefier, if any of you will want one of these send me a message, I will be sending an order in when they are released, I can also get these Anodized from Hinderer and customized with back spacers and the color of scale you want if they have that in stock

IMG_0727_zpswbdmvacr.jpg

Edited by willis68
  • Like 1

I'm going to have to have another xm18.  Not sure I want a fatty though.  I've been going smaller lately. 

And the harpoon is interesting.  I'll reserve judgement on that until I see Rick's custom version but I'm not sure I like the production grind.  

1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

I'm going to have to have another xm18.  Not sure I want a fatty though.  I've been going smaller lately. 

And the harpoon is interesting.  I'll reserve judgement on that until I see Rick's custom version but I'm not sure I like the production grind.  

I like most of he grinds, including this one. The XM18 is such a great carry knife for me that I find myself trying to pick the perfect one. I will most likely wind up with one that I carry daily, and a keeper or two. Now, back to the perfect blade hair pullin' :)

Regarding fatties... I love them. I normally carry Hinderer collab ZT knives (550, 561), and it's a small, barely noticeable difference. They are beefy anyway. Doesn't matter much to me. 

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Here is Rob Orlando's Custom Harpoon Grind from Rick

IMG_0731_zps8rfprgps.jpg

as for the production models, I feel in love with a Fatty one that I sharpened they look awesome in my opinion and take on one Hell of an edge , I personally prefer the size of the XM24 knives, I have my second one on the way now, but the XM18  Fattys I love just as much, I will only be getting the fatty knives and the XM24 knives for myself 

Edited by willis68
36 minutes ago, willis68 said:

IMG_0731_zps8rfprgps.jpg

as for the production models, I feel in love with a Fatty one that I sharpened they look awesome in my opinion and take on one Hell of an edge , I personally prefer the size of the XM24 knives, I have my second one on the way now, but the XM18  Fattys I love just as much, I will only be getting the fatty knives and the XM24 knives for myself 

That might be the perfect one :). Can't see myself popping for a custom, especially one for daily carry

1 hour ago, willis68 said:

IMG_0731_zps8rfprgps.jpg

See I can dig that, and I remember that knife.  But its a lot different than the tantopoon above. 

1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

Sure is. Looks like a hollow grind without the big hump

Yeah, all of Rick's customs are hollow ground. And it makes a huge difference.  Those beautiful hollow grinds make the production knives just look so plain.  haha

On 10/12/2016 at 8:23 AM, Capbyrd said:

Whenever you decide which one you want, let me know