Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

Ammo... lots and lots of ammo. More on the way. Finally got to a comfortable supply on reloading supplies so I've been pounding away on back up ammo.

I was at a conference at Gaylord this weekend. I had a break for a couple of hours so I wandered in to Bass Pro to see if they had a G40 crying my name. They did not. Was also thinking hard about a single stack 9 pocket gun. None of those either so I just left...

Edited by Mark A
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, btq96r said:

A .22 M&P Compact is on my want to buy list based on what I've heard/read.  I'd ask you to give me first dibs if you ever want to sell it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.  So many reasons to keep it around as long as it still fires.  Great purchase.

Thank you. :-)  

Yea... this won't be for sale any time soon.  ;-)   It's a great little gun and I have a short review posted in the handgun forum.  It's pricier than some other options, but I feel the design and execution are definitely worth the extra change. :-)

A 100 round box of Winchester Super X - last weekend at Walmart, believe it or not.

The last big acquisition was trading my ATI officer size 1911 that I never could get to function correctly with JHP for a four inch Taurus Tracker in .44 Magnum.  The 1911 was a really nice looking pistol while the Tracker has this not very attractive, flat black finish (I think Taurus calls it 'blued' but it doesn't look like any bluing I have seen.)  Unlike the ATI, however, I haven't had any failures to feed with the revolver yet :pleased:

Edited by JAB

I ordered a weaver base for my newly shortened and threaded 597. It was supposed to come in last week, still waiting on my LGS to call. 

I have a $96. Credit with them and I'll be dipped if I can find anything I really want or need for a C-note. Will probably buy a little ammo, but $100 doesn't go very far these days :(

11 hours ago, hipower said:

Congrats! But you better get another case of 9 coming. That first one won't last long.

You're welcome to test drive it if you were thinking of getting one. I'm going to get another safety for it asap,that's my only complaint so far.

11 hours ago, Mark A said:

Ammo... lots and lots of ammo. More on the way. Finally got to a comfortable supply on reloading supplies so I've been pounding away on back up ammo.

I was at a conference at Gaylord this weekend. I had a break for a couple of hours so I wandered in to Bass Pro to see if they had a G40 crying my name. They did not. Was also thinking hard about a single stack 9 pocket gun. None of those either so I just left...

It only took one day to make a liar out of myself. I knew I was feeling itchy. Today I was talking to a co-worker about buying another 10mm glock. I got to thinking: self, do you have enough reloading supplies to support multiple 10mm pistols? I decided I didn't so off to powder valley for a couple of jugs of longshot and a bunch of large pistol primers.

To ease my conscious I ordered a pound of leverevolution and some 160 gr ftx. I've got a buddy who recently got into a 30-30 and I thought I might entice him into learning to reload.

We will see if my evil plan works...

Edited by Mark A