Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

On 10/25/2016 at 11:06 AM, musicman said:

VERY interested in your review of this suppressor!  I have the same gun and am looking at all the suppressors available.  That looks great.  Do the sights clear the can?

I purchased the Surefire Ryder 22-A suppressor in a moment of weakness. At the time of the purchase, I was waiting for my Dead Air Mask to arrive at my dealer. As you can see, my impatience got the best of me. I am happy that I did or else I would have never given this can a chance. It sits permanently on my Tactical Solutions X-Ring 10/22 rifle. The rifles weighs 4.3 LBS unloaded. Therefore, I wanted a lightweight can for the rifle. I am thoroughly pleased with the can thus far.

EBC492E0-4F05-4390-ACC0-5344041A8753_zps

I would have no issue if you were interested in joining me at the range one day to try the can yourself.

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 3

In the month of September, I received a notification from the Capitol Armory that the Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 suppressor was available for purchase. I immediately placed my order. They sent me an email last Thursday stating that my Form 3 to dealer transfer had been approved. They packaged my can the same day and sent it to my dealer via overnight shipping.

Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1

B1F3C0E2-C426-4F0B-9823-503968DE1643_zps

Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 x Romanian AES-10B

E4B281DA-9767-4A4F-B4EA-426530A451BB_zps

Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 x Romanian WASR-10

5578D7A2-6D49-4C41-9BA7-3659D51D4B7C_zps

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 3
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, Esko 270 said:
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, Esko 270 said:

What do you think about a laser? 

What do you think about a laser? 

I've been giving thought to some sort of small optical sight lately. Possibly a Burris FastFire 111 or like the Bushnell First Strike. A laser/light combo does make a lot of sense though. Just too many options and too little money to do it all at once though.

On 11/9/2016 at 2:15 PM, hipower said:

I've been giving thought to some sort of small optical sight lately. Possibly a Burris FastFire 111 or like the Bushnell First Strike. A laser/light combo does make a lot of sense though. Just too many options and too little money to do it all at once though.

I have a fastfire 111 I would probably get rid of . 

I participated in a group buy on the FAL Files for a IMBEL Gear Logo receiver. I picked it up from the Nashville Armory last Wednesday. In two short months, I will be sending the receiver + my IMBEL parts kit to Mark at Arizona Response Systems to build my very first FAL. I am pretty excited to say the least!

CC0F0057-CCDA-4B2D-8680-8DF96BE8C2EC_zps

After patiently waiting 231 days, I have recieved my tax stamp for my Dead Air Mask. 

D38BD1F8-70B8-4714-AAE3-24CBFB9F8DE0_zps

I have included a photograph of my Dead Air Mask affixed to my Romanian AKT-98,

EC9657BD-8904-4051-9FF9-FC5656708B68_zps

Last and but not least, I received my Russian VEPR chambered in 7.62x39 from the good folks at Atlantic Firearms yesterday. A special thank you to Atlantic Firearms for their stupendous processing + handling of my order!

6284C56B-8D76-4735-8DFD-CCA009681FE8_zpsBC6356CF-4F66-4CBA-8889-947BD9F02DAC_zps

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, Sam1 said:

231 days?  This makes me sad... if it stays like this I won't see mine until Feb :(

It is extremely disheartening to say the least. Are you able to shoot your can while it is in transfer? When did you submit your paperwork?

6 hours ago, Cartel said:

It is extremely disheartening to say the least. Are you able to shoot your can while it is in transfer? When did you submit your paperwork?

yeah I could shoot it, it's at royal range in the depths of their vault.  But I don't want to make them dig it out just so I can put it on and then have to wear hearing protection anyways.  It will be like SBRing the mp5, didn't fire a single round from it for 5~ months in pistol form, then went bananas after the stamp came in.  Same deal with the can.

1 box of 223.  Had my card info stolen and account frozen last week, got me new on in yesterday and activated it.  I had to christen the newbie with an ammo purchase!  ;-)  ...and just wanted to make sure the new worked before I ordered my M9A1.  :-D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, musicman said:

1 box of 223.  Had my card info stolen and account frozen last week, got me new on in yesterday and activated it.  I had to christen the newbie with an ammo purchase!  ;-)  ...and just wanted to make sure the new worked before I ordered my M9A1.  :-D

M9A1 ???? Just got its "brother" yesterday ............

ber1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Moderators
On November 16, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Cartel said:

I participated in a group buy on the FAL Files for a IMBEL Gear Logo receiver. I picked it up from the Nashville Armory last Wednesday. In two short months, I will be sending the receiver + my IMBEL parts kit to Mark at Arizona Response Systems to build my very first FAL. I am pretty excited to say the least!

CC0F0057-CCDA-4B2D-8680-8DF96BE8C2EC_zps

My Para FAL wasn't built by him, but it was worked over and refinished there. You have good reason to be excited. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tercel89 said:

Damn I miss the Ruger P-Series

Believe it or not I've never shot one. A few years ago I had a P95DC & sold it before I ever had the chance to take it to the range. My brother & his family are driving down from Indiana next week for Thanksgiving & we're planning a day at the range. I have several pistols that I've owned for years & never shot & that's going to have to change. My cousin is a TN Highway Patrol officer & we're dragging him along as well. He only owns Glock & has been dying to try out some of my Berettas. Of course the P89 is going to get a work out too.

• Like 1