Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

Ordered some mags from CDNN today. Some for my Smith model 59, a few more for the Ruger 22/45, and some CZ75 mags.

I cannot seem to find any of them around here. And I'm pretty sure I had them before garage cleaning. Surely I didn't trash the wrong box?

Epic Amazon Fail...

Got some gift cards for my bday.

3" riser, perfect, ordered 1" height, need 1/2", knew I needed 1/2".

TruGlo Snap on front sight for my 870 Tactical. Doesn't fit due to the position of the barrel clamp for extended tube magazine.

Free Shipping!

Ordered 7/4, arrived today.

• Administrator

Bought this for $419 shipped.  It's a Ruger 22/45 Tactical post-recall design.  For some reason, I have never owned a .22LR pistol of any sort so this fills a small hole in my collection.  Other than hopefully being great for cheap plinking, it will be a good way to introduce new shooters to the lifestyle without them being fearful of service calibers.

A Deadair Mask-HD suppressor will be ordered for it this week.  Hopefully, the HPA or some other legislation goes into effect reasonably soon but, if not, one would rather hope that all of the June/July 2016 rush has been caught up by now and that Form-4 applications will be processed within 6-8 months rather than the 12-months it has been running up until recently.

I figure I'll top it off with a Vortex Venom 3MOA red dot in the meantime and just have some fun with it.

Ruger-Mark-IV-22-45-Tactical.thumb.jpg.3

• Like 5

Got this belt mounted FAB Defense AR mag holder on Amazon for about $21.  Fits the 20rd mags perfectly, and I'm sure it would do just as fine for a 30rd'er...but I'm honestly on a 20rd kick for weight and low vis purposes.

tpy1wZh.jpgLG5EL9I.jpg

• Like 1
  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Got this belt mounted FAB Defense AR mag holder on Amazon for about $21.  Fits the 20rd mags perfectly, and I'm sure it would do just as fine for a 30rd'er...but I'm honestly on a 20rd kick for weight and low vis purposes.

tpy1wZh.jpgLG5EL9I.jpg

I can definitely see the advantages of the 20rd mag, especially for an AR platform pistol.  Nice find!

1 hour ago, xsubsailor said:

I have always wanted one of these but really couldn't justify it but when I saw it at this price I couldn't resist.....I'm so weak :surrender:

Traditions Crockett Muzzleloading Rifle 32 Caliber Percussion 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/983132/traditions-crockett-muzzleloading-rifle-32-caliber-percussion-32-blued-barrel-select-hardwood-stock

I picked up a little 5 shot 32 revolver, derringer, pocket pistol. It is a hoot to shoot with 10 grans of BP.

Several decades ago, when I was still a young teenager, my grandfather had a place in Murphy, NC. He was quite the woodworking craftsman himself, but also knew many other talented folks.

One of those people was a several generation descendant of Davey Crockett. He would hand make replicas of Betsy and sell them to folks. He said you could put your name on the list, and when your name came up, how ever long that took (could be years), he would call you and let you know your gun was ready. If you no longer wanted it, no hard feelings, he would call the next name on the list. It was a long list.

It's been so long ago, I don't recall too much about the guns, but I recall him being a very interesting guy. Of course he had a lot of family history regarding Crockett.

I had been looking for a good quality leather belt holster for a Bersa Thunder and another for a CZ82.  I ordered a Vega from Eagle Imports for the Bersa and found another on Ebay that looked the same in the picture for the CZ82.  Both holsters are excellent quality and construction and form fitted specifically for the weapon.  Although not marked, I am pretty sure that the holster for the CZ82 is also made by Vega Holsters.  Eagle imports had the best price on the Vega for the Thunder by a wide margin.

I have always been a big fan of the work of Doug Turnbull.  He owns Turnbull Restoration & Manufacturing Co.  http://www.turnbullmfg.com

His work is pricey but top notch.  Recently I came across a deal to good to pass up.

This 1911 was produced in extremely limited numbers to commemorate 100 years of the 1911 pistol, these few guns received military style markings, right down to the "ARMY" or optional "NAVY" designations on the slide. Finished in a replica of Colt's "Oil Finish," these replicas were a clone of the mid-1912 military .45 ACP production pistols.

Aint she purdy?

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

• Like 3
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I have always been a big fan of the work of Doug Turnbull.  He owns Turnbull Restoration & Manufacturing Co.  http://www.turnbullmfg.com

His work is pricey but top notch.  Recently I came across a deal to good to pass up.

This 1911 was produced in extremely limited numbers to commemorate 100 years of the 1911 pistol, these few guns received military style markings, right down to the "ARMY" or optional "NAVY" designations on the slide. Finished in a replica of Colt's "Oil Finish," these replicas were a clone of the mid-1912 military .45 ACP production pistols.

Aint she purdy?

It's even better than you described it the other day.  Absolutely beautiful.