Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the can from Silencer Shop the first week of June, they handled the F4 paperwork, it went pending 7/17, and it arrived at my dealer this past week. This was my first transaction with them and they knocked it out the ballpark!

Knight's Armament Company (KAC) 762 QDC CQB suppressor on my SR-25 EMC.

36123270162_7eb3bebb76_o.jpg

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 5

Ordered some semi auto shotgun from grabagun the other day, can't remember which one, it was the cheapest thing that didn't look like a hunting gun that popped up.  Figured out of my entire collection, I've only got one beater gun and needed to expand that sector :bowrofl:  

Plus I still got a couple of new fast fire IIIs left over from last year and need to put the darn things on something.

3 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

Ordered some semi auto shotgun from grabagun the other day, can't remember which one, it was the cheapest thing that didn't look like a hunting gun that popped up.  Figured out of my entire collection, I've only got one beater gun and needed to expand that sector :bowrofl:  

Plus I still got a couple of new fast fire IIIs left over from last year and need to put the darn things on something.

Let us know when your random gun shows up. :lol:

• Like 1

I was half asleep when ordering it, and forgot about it until the range called a little while ago and said the gun was in.  I honestly can't remember what it was so I want to surprise myself tomorrow & not going to look at the invoice/emails to see what the model was.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Wingshooter said:

That's what I load up for one of my 30-06's. Good bullet

Well, I don't reload, yet. Just don't have the time. I forgot to add "Trophy Grade" to the description. It's finished factory ammo.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

I was half asleep when ordering it, and forgot about it until the range called a little while ago and said the gun was in.  I honestly can't remember what it was so I want to surprise myself tomorrow & not going to look at the invoice/emails to see what the model was.

Internet ordering while sleepy is about as bad as drunk ordering

Lol

• Like 4

Added another target to my hill side. Rated for handguns up to .45. Not suppose to be used for .22 because it will not swing and could come back at the shooter and center fire rifles because too much power.
http://vikingsl.com/portfolio/viking-pistol-target/

I mounted it semi permanent by driving a piece of channel 30" into the hill and bolting it on instead of using the X base. I put it at an angle so if I shoot .22 it will deflect down, seems to work. Have also pushed the limit to handgun caliber carbines and it doesn't seem to over stress anything. It is out at about 25 yards, the targets are 6" and 10" AR500.

Here is a before picture.

SteelTargets-sm.jpg

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Sam1 said:

so apparently the mystery gun I got was a tristar raptor.  It goes bang, that's about the only thing I could tell you at this point.  Don't expect much from a $300 shotgun anyways lol

IMAG1210.jpg

Looks like my Emperor Assault 12 kinda.

Interested, why did you just not look to pick up a used pump or semi if you wanted a beater? Or get a Maverick 88. They are pump but usually $190 any day.

40 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Looks like my Emperor Assault 12 kinda.

Interested, why did you just not look to pick up a used pump or semi if you wanted a beater? Or get a Maverick 88. They are pump but usually $190 any day.

$350 shipped isn't bad for a new gun. If it was a difference of $500+ then I may have considered buying used, but honestly, $100 isn't worth the hassle of not knowing the history.

Plus it's easier to click the order button on grabagun than it is to search used listings, contact people & go meet them or to go shopping around town at stores.

Edited by Sam1
  • Administrator

Other than a lot of AK gear lately, I finally got around to installing a Ghost Evo Elite 3.5 trigger connector and spring kit in one of my Glock 19's.   It required an hour or so of hand-fitting the connector's over-travel arm to make it perfect, but it was time very well spent.

The trigger on this thing is just ridiculously good now.  3.5lbs of smooth pull straight to the break without the typical Glock "wall", almost no overtravel, and incredibly short reset.  I had heard it was good but had no idea that it would be this good.

i-Lmk59T5-XL.jpg

And a very short video showing the short reset and the smooth trigger pull.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mikegideon said:

I like that!

Thanks, as with anything stock is not good enough so I'm gonna pull off the tube and chop it up and install a 3 round extension to get it to 8+1 which is a more reasonable number :) 

The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, 4th editon arrived today along with a Hilljack Quickie Loader for the S&W Victory 22.  The loader claims to be compatable with Ruger (and Buckmark) mags but I haven't tried yet.  I have an Ulimate Cliploader for the Ruger but as McFadden can't seem to get on the ball needed this for the Smith.

Picked up a 686-5 2 1/2" snub at the Crossville gun show Saturday. Added the stocks as I had a pair that needed a home. Saw this one walking around, other than that, was not impressed. I did play with the new 870 Tactical 14, it was pretty sweet. They weren't dealing so I'll probably get one off GB.
450cf64e24fdbf40dd03e5e815a9f857.jpg

• Like 2