Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

10 hours ago, Cartel said:

Dollar, Dollar, Bills, Y'all

35869237214_936f27fe63_z.jpg

Are you planning on incapacitating enemies with rolling laughter? Or at least did you trade a broken Lorcin or something for it? I have no issue with the Hi-Points, per se, but this is butt ugly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not much but I got my ASR mount for my silencerco hybrid today. Already had the brake mounted on my wife's 300 BLK pistol so I'm really hoping to finally shoot it this weekend. Also, my duty/carry kit from Apex should be here in the next day or so and I will be able finish my C.O.R.E.

3 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

I grabbed a Gen 3 Factory Remanned G19 for $450 and a S&W M&P 22 Compact at $350 last week. 

Now I want a fancy shoulder harness for my not quite finish matching G19s... 

You going for the 2 gun Agent Zero look?

1 minute ago, Ronald_55 said:

You going for the 2 gun Agent Zero look?

I was thinking of John Thomas Rourke myself, but with vertical holsters. I am leaning toward the Galco VHS system, since I am a holster whore. The nice thing about having multiple of the same platform is not having to duplicate accessories. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

I was thinking of John Thomas Rourke myself, but with vertical holsters. I am leaning toward the Galco VHS system, since I am a holster whore. The nice thing about having multiple of the same platform is not having to duplicate accessories. 

So like this? I have thought of doing similar with my 2 snubby 94 .23lr revolvers.

survivalist-total-war-2.jpg.614a2fd9f1e18322f2566f47168acbc9.jpg

Edited by Ronald_55
Just now, Ronald_55 said:

So like this?

survivalist-total-war-2.jpg.614a2fd9f1e18322f2566f47168acbc9.jpg

Totally. If I could swing it, I would not even hesitate to buy a pair of Stainless Detonics .45ACPs to wear in a double Alessi Shoulder Rig. The Colt XM177 is my favorite AR variant. I have built my main rifle to mimic it in modern terms. I have carried a Bali-Song (Benchmade Type 44) for well over twenty years. However I think the 9x19mm is superior in modern form to .45ACP based on capacity vs. capability. So I carry Glock 19s. Oh, and I have used the same Zippo for 20+ years, and I ride a Harley. Though not a Low Rider. I eat Mountain House foods...

The list goes on.

Jerry Ahern brainwashed millions of us in the early 80s. And we know it, and accept it.

Other than Dragonlance, The Survivalist is my other book series I collect. I have complete bookshelves dedicated to each series. My wife tolerates it, to the point of naming my daughter Takhisis.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

Totally. If I could swing it, I would not even hesitate to buy a pair of Stainless Detonics .45ACPs to wear in a double Alessi Shoulder Rig. The Colt XM177 is my favorite AR variant. I have built my main rifle to mimic it in modern terms. I have carried a Bali-Song (Benchmade Type 44) for well over twenty years. However I think the 9x19mm is superior in modern form to .45ACP based on capacity vs. capability. So I carry Glock 19s. Oh, and I have used the same Zippo for 20+ years, and I ride a Harley. Though not a Low Rider. I eat Mountain House foods...

The list goes on.

Jerry Ahern brainwashed millions of us in the early 80s. And we know it, and accept it.

Other than Dragonlance, The Survivalist is my other book series I collect. I have complete bookshelves dedicated to each series. My wife tolerates it, to the point of naming my daughter Takhisis.

I had never heard of it, my reading at that point leaned to the Hobbit and such. I am a huge Punisher fan though. The comic formed a bunch of my young gun ideas. I must have read the Punished Armory comic 20 times each.I loved that they used real guns, not made up stuff. I especially like the Timothy Bradstreet art used in the Punisher.

Wow, my wife tolerates none of my stuff. Not books, music, movies, or hobbies. She begrudgingly let me use Sebastian for my son's middle name after a book character I like. She vetoed my 1st 2 or 3 choices.

pa2-34.thumb.jpg.71dd9dada007b77fdb30297faa9dd2b6.jpg

pa2-34.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I had never heard of it, my reading at that point leaned to the Hobbit and such. I am a huge Punisher fan though. The comic formed a bunch of my young gun ideas. I must have read the Punished Armory comic 20 times each.I loved that they used real guns, not made up stuff. I especially like the Timothy Bradstreet art used in the Punisher.

Wow, my wife tolerates none of my stuff. Not books, music, movies, or hobbies. She begrudgingly let me use Sebastian for my son's middle name after a book character I like. She vetoed my 1st 2 or 3 choices.

pa2-34.thumb.jpg.71dd9dada007b77fdb30297faa9dd2b6.jpg

pa2-34.jpg

Jerry Ahern was unique in the Survivalist series in that his protagonist didn't carry a pair of .45ACPs, he carried a pair of stainless steel Detonics Combat Masters in a double Alessi shoulder rig. His back up was a AG Russel Sting bootknife (which I own a CRKT remake of.) He rode a Harley Low Rider, and preferred Ford Trucks. Everything was name brand. Nothing was mentioned in passing or as a generic. All of his weapons were Magnaported or Metalifed. Gunsmiths were namedropped, etc. Jerry Ahern was a contributor to many mainstream magazines of the era and was a big part of the survivalist movement. Reading this in the formative years in the shadow of the Cold War, it struck a chord. I never thought of things as a generic, I always thought of them by name, model and brand. That was what I must have. Even as an adult I learned the value of a dollar and research, but I was still jaded by a pulp novel of thirty years ago.

• Like 1

I'm another strongly influenced by Ahern's writings Murgatroy...both in Combat Handguns magazine and of course the Survivalists series. Very innovative and original books.

I still have my original series from the 80's sans one book...vol 5 iirc...but they are yellowed and would probably fall apart if I tried rereading them again LOL.

I must confess  Natalia Tiemerovna was a most intriguing character! ;)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, prag said:

I'm another strongly influenced by Ahern's writings Murgatroy...both in Combat Handguns magazine and of course the Survivalists series. Very innovative and original books.

I still have my original series from the 80's sans one book...vol 5 iirc...but they are yellowed and would probably fall apart if I tried rereading them again LOL.

I must confess  Natalia Tiemerovna was a most intriguing character! ;)

Loved Jerry and Sharon Ahern's writing. Had all of their books...until the 2010 flood.

40 minutes ago, hipower said:

Loved Jerry and Sharon Ahern's writing. Had all of their books...until the 2010 flood.

I feel you Hipower. We had a main waterline break in our basement a couple years ago and I lost A LOT of the books I had held onto for years. That and a lot of other stuff. Not as bad as you guys got in 2010, but was real depressing to deal with. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Murgatroy said:

That is amazing. 

6 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I feel you Hipower. We had a main waterline break in our basement a couple years ago and I lost A LOT of the books I had held onto for years. That and a lot of other stuff. Not as bad as you guys got in 2010, but was real depressing to deal with. 

Sorry to hear that. I'm not complaining, many people lost their homes in 2010. We lost a heat pump and duct work with some sheetrock replacement in the garages.

Unfortunately...all my books and comics were on shelves in the attached garage, which had almost 3 feet of water in it. And even bagged, paper leeches the humidity and is damaged when it encounters conditions like we had then. I just told my wife to leave me alone as I trashed it.

Yes, it hurt a lot having to put all that in trash cans. That covered over 35 years of accumulating paper items. No, they weren't insured with flood coverage; and neither was the house then.

• Administrator

More ammo added to the stockpile, some Magpul AK PMags and another IWB holster ordered from TT Gunleather for my P07.  Oh, and a CZ 75/P07/P09 "shoe" for my MGW Sight Pro tool.  I figure sooner or later I'll end up replacing the sights on the P07 with something more akin to what I normally prefer.

• Like 1

I recently ordered some projectiles, 9mm 147 plated and .357 158 gr plated, from Reloading Valley.

These are pulldown bullets for around $30.00/500 with shipping included. I've never ordered from them before, but UPS tells me they will be here on Wednesday.

They also have decent prices on a variety of pulldown brass. http://www.reloadingvalley.com/default.asp

I also ordered a Lee 2 cavity mold of 158 gr .358-158-RF from Midway. I'm on a revolver handloading kick I guess. ;)

18 hours ago, prag said:

I recently ordered some projectiles, 9mm 147 plated and .357 158 gr plated, from Reloading Valley.

These are pulldown bullets for around $30.00/500 with shipping included. I've never ordered from them before, but UPS tells me they will be here on Wednesday.

They also have decent prices on a variety of pulldown brass. http://www.reloadingvalley.com/default.asp

I also ordered a Lee 2 cavity mold of 158 gr .358-158-RF from Midway. I'm on a revolver handloading kick I guess. ;)

Well, some of your buddies do carry a brace of .38/.357 wheel guns...