Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

3 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

One of the better pistols I have owned, especially if it's Apexed up.

I hope I get to take it to the range tomorrow. Right now it's just bone stock, but I plan on giving it a good Apexin'

I'll probably use it for 3gun for a while and give the G17 a rest.

8 minutes ago, Wingshooter said:

I hope I get to take it to the range tomorrow. Right now it's just bone stock, but I plan on giving it a good Apexin'

I'll probably use it for 3gun for a while and give the G17 a rest.

I put all the Apex stuff in mine. The only rough part for me was getting the rear sight off. I had to hit it way harder than my comfort level. I didn't damage anything except a couple of brass punches. Mine was an older gun, though. 

• Like 1

OK, not exactly the last thing I bought, but I have been trying to get time to put this together forever. I have been hesitant too as I rarely put out a list of what I own.

A little while back, I helped a member nail down prices on some guns he needed to sell. I will let him chime in if he wants to be definitely identified. The more I looked, the more I decided I wanted several of them. I let one slip through my fingers, but in the end though, we came to a package deal for everything he had left. Taken a lot of side jobs to cover my outlay, but I think it was worth it. I got some good guns at a reasonable price and he got to not sit on them forever to get them to move. I am very grateful to him because he worked with me to get all this shipped. The distance and my schedule was just too much to meet FTF. 

The 1st item not pictured was a H&R 10GA single shot shotgun with rifle sights. That went to a coworker of mine. He wanted it even before I made a package deal. I like my shoulder too much for that. LOL

First are a Winchester Model 1200 in 12GA and a Remington Model 11-48 in 16GA. 

20170822_064108.thumb.jpg.c729c704a66db9c6f0372c168676c233.jpg

Second is a Emperor Firearms Guardian Tactical 12GA. In the same pic is as extra barrel for the 1200

20170822_064016_resized(1).thumb.jpg.091e99428e7bbd448e4d87e2fd983e79.jpg

Third is a Winchester Model 70 in .30-06 with a Bushnell scope and bi-pod.

20170822_063852(2).jpg.5c4a342c9e20c22a129e903265cfe2b1.jpg

Fourth is a SKS in a composite folding stock with a red dot scope, bi-pod and a 75 round drum (not pictured). Below it is a Stevens model 94 .410 shotgun. 

20170822_063756(2).jpg.c809273791df9092d25dd2482359e914.jpg

Fifth is a Marlin 39 Carbine

20170822_063718(2).jpg.17877aedd79807e66354c303d1dc92dc.jpg

Lastly, is a  Mosin/Nagant M44 and Mosin/Nagant 91/30. Bayonets came with both. I have not had a ton of time to completely go over these, but the M44 may have all matching numbers.  It is missing the piece that snaps in to lock the bayonet forward.

20170821_065106_resized(1).thumb.jpg.5029108ed5b4933d7c2b3130d4f31c91.jpg

On top of this was a good bit of ammo for all the guns including 24 boxes of 16GA. He also tossed in a few items that he needed to clean out that included a range finder. That has already come in very handy.

So there you have it, my largest single buy in my life (so far lol). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

OK, not exactly the last thing I bought, but I have been trying to get time to put this together forever. I have been hesitant too as I rarely put out a list of what I own.

A little while back, I helped a member nail down prices on some guns he needed to sell. I will let him chime in if he wants to be definitely identified. The more I looked, the more I decided I wanted several of them. I let one slip through my fingers, but in the end though, we came to a package deal for everything he had left. Taken a lot of side jobs to cover my outlay, but I think it was worth it. I got some good guns at a reasonable price and he got to not sit on them forever to get them to move. I am very grateful to him because he worked with me to get all this shipped. The distance and my schedule was just too much to meet FTF. 

The 1st item not pictured was a H&R 10GA single shot shotgun with rifle sights. That went to a coworker of mine. He wanted it even before I made a package deal. I like my shoulder too much for that. LOL

First are a Winchester Model 1200 in 12GA and a Remington Model 11-48 in 16GA. 

20170822_064108.thumb.jpg.c729c704a66db9c6f0372c168676c233.jpg

Second is a Emperor Firearms Guardian Tactical 12GA. In the same pic is as extra barrel for the 1200

20170822_064016_resized(1).thumb.jpg.091e99428e7bbd448e4d87e2fd983e79.jpg

Third is a Winchester Model 70 in .30-06 with a Bushnell scope and bi-pod.

20170822_063852(2).jpg.5c4a342c9e20c22a129e903265cfe2b1.jpg

Fourth is a SKS in a composite folding stock with a red dot scope, bi-pod and a 75 round drum (not pictured). Below it is a Stevens model 94 .410 shotgun. 

20170822_063756(2).jpg.c809273791df9092d25dd2482359e914.jpg

Fifth is a Marlin 39 Carbine

20170822_063718(2).jpg.17877aedd79807e66354c303d1dc92dc.jpg

Lastly, is a  Mosin/Nagant M44 and Mosin/Nagant 91/30. Bayonets came with both. I have not had a ton of time to completely go over these, but the M44 may have all matching numbers.  It is missing the piece that snaps in to lock the bayonet forward.

20170821_065106_resized(1).thumb.jpg.5029108ed5b4933d7c2b3130d4f31c91.jpg

On top of this was a good bit of ammo for all the guns including 24 boxes of 16GA. He also tossed in a few items that he needed to clean out that included a range finder. That has already come in very handy.

So there you have it, my largest single buy in my life (so far lol). 

I'm quite sure by now many members know I am the seller of all those firearms because I had a few of them listed back when I was trying to sell them for BT's Wife. I was at my wits end since I didn't know that much about many of the guns and Ronald and I began PM-ing back and forth trying to figure out what the value of each may be and between us two we did learn a lot about the guns. After a few days of thought I guess Ronald decided he was going to throw out a deal to me for all the guns and the ammo. I spent a few days pondering over it and finally took the offer. That was when the work began preparing to ship them. Ronald made that as easy for me as he could and it all worked out.

As for the gun he mentioned hi missed out on. B.T. had bought this gun from a close friend of mine and said he would like to have it back if at all possible. Well, He spoke up for it right after B.T.'s passing so I figured it would only be right that he got it back. This is the gun.

004.JPG

005.JPG

2 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I'm quite sure by now many members know I am the seller of all those firearms because I had a few of them listed back when I was trying to sell them for BT's Wife. I was at my wits end since I didn't know that much about many of the guns and Ronald and I began PM-ing back and forth trying to figure out what the value of each may be and between us two we did learn a lot about the guns. After a few days of thought I guess Ronald decided he was going to throw out a deal to me for all the guns and the ammo. I spent a few days pondering over it and finally took the offer. That was when the work began preparing to ship them. Ronald made that as easy for me as he could and it all worked out.

As for the gun he mentioned hi missed out on. B.T. had bought this gun from a close friend of mine and said he would like to have it back if at all possible. Well, He spoke up for it right after B.T.'s passing so I figured it would only be right that he got it back. This is the gun.

004.JPG

005.JPG

I was leaving that one out. I actually meant the .410 870 that you listed that sold before I could decide. LOL

13 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I was leaving that one out. I actually meant the .410 870 that you listed that sold before I could decide. LOL

Oh sorry! You must mean this one. I absolutly forgot about that one it went so fast after I posted it to a local member. He bought it for his son.

002.JPG

Edited by bersaguy
6 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I am thinking that is the one.lol

Yea, that one went real quick..............:clap: But even with the 2 you missed I think you still came out pretty good. I really do appreciate how easy you did make it on the shipping...........:cheers:

Bought some felt, end wraps from Sally's, made some lube from lard and wax. Soaked the felt in the lube to make 45 cal cookies. Made paper cartage's for a Cap and Ball pistol I had not shot. All in all every thing worked as should, hit the gong, no fouling, and cleaned up easy.

• Like 1