Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, Sidecarist said:

Frame plugs showed up from S&W in eight days. Thumb safety gone in 5 minutes. Easy to do and S&W provides the plugs at no cost USPS paid to my door. I've seen people selling them for $3-6 plus shipping.

Added an O-light PL-MINI 400 lumens less than $90.

DSC_1061.JPG

Like this. Almost bought one, and I may regret it later. But bought the Canik SFX 5". Now if I can get healthy, maybe I can take it out and shoot it.

3 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Wait so you guys actually get to sleep in the bed sometimes?  :confused: I pretty much stay on the verge of having to camp in the back yard....

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Maybe you should offer to cook her supper 1 night and do the dishes!!!! Always worked for me years ago.................:clap:

36 minutes ago, hipower said:

Like this. Almost bought one, and I may regret it later. But bought the Canik SFX 5". Now if I can get healthy, maybe I can take it out and shoot it.

You won't regret it. I love my Canik SF Elite. I had a few failures to extract in the beginning but proper lubrication helped.  I think the tungsten cerakote was a bit thick on mine. After 75-100 rounds it's been 100%. The trigger is fantastic! 

I picked up the M&P just because...

You'll feel better soon.

8 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

You won't regret it. I love my Canik SF Elite. I had a few failures to extract in the beginning but proper lubrication helped.  I think the tungsten cerakote was a bit thick on mine. After 75-100 rounds it's been 100%. The trigger is fantastic! 

I picked up the M&P just because...

You'll feel better soon.

It was a tough choice. I really liked the M2, but just couldn't do it. Strangely, though, I really don't care for the Elite. I much prefer the original TP9SA. It just doesn't seem to feel as good to me.

6 hours ago, hipower said:

It was a tough choice. I really liked the M2, but just couldn't do it. Strangely, though, I really don't care for the Elite. I much prefer the original TP9SA. It just doesn't seem to feel as good to me.

I've got one of those too in the sand color and it's a great gun. My wife claimed it for bedside use. Has a truglo light/laser on it. I bought the Elite to get a better carry size for me, the better trigger was a bonus. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, Ronald_55 said:

Animals in the bed at night is where I drew the line EARLY on. 

As far as my wife knows I have a .410 shotgun and a couple .22lr rifles. Hopefully she never pokes around too much.....

I have a feeling she knows about more and just waiting for a time she really wants something and then will show you the list of what you have and then you will have little choice but to let her have what she wants. I do know now why when you bought B.T's long guns you had them shipped to your work................ROFLMAO

Just now, bersaguy said:

I have a feeling she knows about more and just waiting for a time she really wants something and then will show you the list of what you have and then you will have little choice but to let her have what she wants. I do know now why when you bought B.T's long guns you had them shipped to your work................ROFLMAO

No my wife's go to would be much less patient and subtle. 

That is also where the beauty I posted above came to...well my new work anyway.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

No my wife's go to would be much less patient and subtle. 

That is also where the beauty I posted above came to...well my new work anyway.

All I can say is you must have a very good and large hiding place for the arsenal you have.............LOL. I can't even remember how many long guns I sent you not counting all that ammo...........Did you ever post all the stuff of B.T.'s you got.

4 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

All I can say is you must have a very good and large hiding place for the arsenal you have.............LOL. I can't even remember how many long guns I sent you not counting all that ammo...........Did you ever post all the stuff of B.T.'s you got.

I did post all the guns at one point, but I think the pics broke when photobucket did its crap. I never posted pics of all the ammo that I remember. 

3 hours ago, prag said:

I recently read an article (in SWAT mag?). That's an interesting concept device. I hope you'll share your thoughts on it once worked with it a bit.

I've only had about 30min with it but so far it's working well, the app doesn't crash, my phone. I'll have to try it on a couple of guns, striker, hammer etc. 

I will say that it helps me be more critical of myself by showing the movement of the gun before the shot, and does that match what I think I was doing.

Give me a week and I'll post more, maybe start a thread. I want to get some live fire in with it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

I've only had about 30min with it but so far it's working well, the app doesn't crash, my phone. I'll have to try it on a couple of guns, striker, hammer etc. 

I will say that it helps me be more critical of myself by showing the movement of the gun before the shot, and does that match what I think I was doing.

Give me a week and I'll post more, maybe start a thread. I want to get some live fire in with it too.

Looking forward to hearing what you think Sir.

Ok, I think I'm done except for practice

Ameriglo CAP front sight, and I Dot rear. Its nice that they let you buy the individual sights. Good customer service answered my questions by email the same day.

Tough things to get a picture of. The Square front is different but I was able to put two mags through the gun to confirm zero and I like it!

_20171231_111247.JPG