Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

• 3 weeks later...

The wife over did it a little bit while shopping in Colorado Springs, so I got her blessing to pick up something that I've wanted for two years.  Winchester 1873 .38/357 short rifle. Yes, it's Japanese, but it's beautiful, and I look forward to many years of shooting it, then giving it to my son.

I also have a Henry Big Boy in .38/357.  I think I have enough tacticool stuff.  I'm going to start looking for good lever guns, revolvers and black powder rifles.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LINKS2K said:

The wife over did it a little bit while shopping in Colorado Springs, so I got her blessing to pick up something that I've wanted for two years.  Winchester 1873 .38/357 short rifle. Yes, it's Japanese, but it's beautiful, and I look forward to many years of shooting it, then giving it to my son.

I also have a Henry Big Boy in .38/357.  I think I have enough tacticool stuff.  I'm going to start looking for good lever guns, revolvers and black powder rifles.

I really love lever guns. I'm deer hunting with a scoped Marlin 44 mag I bought from a friend a couple of years ago. I also have a Henry .22 lever that is a blast to shoot. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LINKS2K said:

Kind of in the same position as far as enough black stuff for now and going for other interesting things. I picked up a Beretta 21a in .25 caliber last weekend. Looking for a Marlin Lever in 30-06 to go with my other Marlin lever guns and a .357 revolver.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, robtattoo said:

2, 7 round 1911 mags, an 18lb recoil spring & 19lb main spring. And some grips. And a holster. 500 bullets & 2000 pieces of brass.

THIS is why I said I wouldn't buy one.

Hahahaha!!! I heard that!  I'm fighting the 1911 bug because I don't wanna buy a bunch of 45 stuff... but I know it's going to happen sooner or later anyways, and have a brass bucket started for when that day arrives.  And I have the dies.   And maybe a box or two of projectiles.  But that's all, I swear. Mostly.

41 minutes ago, musicman said:

Hahahaha!!! I heard that!  I'm fighting the 1911 bug because I don't wanna buy a bunch of 45 stuff... but I know it's going to happen sooner or later anyways, and have a brass bucket started for when that day arrives.  And I have the dies.   And maybe a box or two of projectiles.  But that's all, I swear. Mostly.

Sure....I believe you.

And like I needed more mags. I just got 10 FDE Troy Battlemags,  so I can match them to the FDE rifle I wanted to get started on. 6 Hex mags to  out is some different colors.

• 1 month later...

Guns And Leather had this older used Glock 30 for $395. Night sights still bright and the original box. I saw it one day , talked myself out of it. Went back again and talked myself out of it. Then went AGAIN and bought it :). It still had factory copper grease in the slide. Hardly any wear and it's guts looked brand new. To me it was awesome to get a big-bore Glock at $395 in this shape. Most people like the Glock 19 . For me it's the older original Glock 30 .

glock302.jpg

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Guns And Leather had this older used Glock 30 for $395. Night sights still bright and the original box. I saw it one day , talked myself out of it. Went back again and talked myself out of it. Then went AGAIN and bought it :). It still had factory copper grease in the slide. Hardly any wear and it's guts looked brand new. To me it was awesome to get a big-bore Glock at $395 in this shape. Most people like the Glock 19 . For me it's the older original Glock 30 .

glock302.jpg

So is that your patrol car, or did you just break into one because you thought it would make a cool pic? Lol

• Like 1

10 Gen 2 Pmags.. Should I have finished my AR before getting them? I had to buy them quick so I do not have to talk about the 3 pistols I bought... Bersa 83, Keltec Pf-9, and Iver Johnson .32 S&W breaktop......Just don't tell my wife about any of it. Lol

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

10 Gen 2 Pmags.. Should I have finished my AR before getting them? I had to buy them quick so I do not have to talk about the 3 pistols I bought... Bersa 83, Keltec Pf-9, and Iver Johnson .32 S&W breaktop......Just don't tell my wife about any of it. Lol

I am very familiar with that same phrase "don't tell my wife" :bowrofl: . When my wife catches me with a new gun I tell her "at least guns and shooting is way better than chasing women and hanging out in bars" ;)

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

I am very familiar with that same phrase "don't tell my wife" :bowrofl: . When my wife catches me with a new gun I tell her "at least guns and shooting is way better than chasing women and hanging out in bars" ;)

The same line I've used for years. Lately...she's beginning to question if that's true or not.

1 hour ago, tercel89 said:

Mine would have some smart a$$ remark back about that and no way would it fly. Lol