Post the last firearm related thing you bought!

TGO David

Quite a lot of stuff sits in the trunk of my car until wifey isn't home, THEN gets brought in and put away in the man cave.  ;-)  Sometimes it's better to just avoid the discussion, haha!

Last night's purchase: 400 rds CCI Quiet, 200 rds CCI Subsonic, 200 rds Federal champion, all 22.

• Like 4

Yeah I make sure she does not see the box of ammo come in that is almost too heavy to carry. Plus, I have it all delivered to work. They are starting to look at me funny though since all my boxes say small arms cartridge. I started to ship myself a box that says Large arms cartridge,  just to see if they notice, but I prefer not to meet any more Federal agents than I have to.

That being said I forgot the Monarch ammo from Academy that I have on the way. They have a great deal on it right now. 

I try to purchase at minimum 1 gun per year, combine this approach with the excitement and patriotism of the 45th president being sworn in coupled with a couple of work buddies buying guns this week, then the release of the Sig P320 won the army contract, and knowing that a run will almost certainly pursue, I was doomed, and too weak to holdout.  So I pulled the trigger yesterday midday, its the Sig P320C FDE in 45ACP.  The FDE is refreshing amongst the sea of black that I have.  If the rain will clear out today, I plan to go shooting.

IMG_0194_zpsiasl6pr0.jpg

• Like 8

Uberti El Patron, 5.5 inch .357 Competition.  It fits my holsters perfectly but it appears the humidity that makes my pants draw up in the closet also causes my leather cartridge belts to draw up over time as well.  I may need more holes. :blink:

56 minutes ago, tacops said:

Uberti El Patron, 5.5 inch .357 Competition.  It fits my holsters perfectly but it appears the humidity that makes my pants draw up in the closet also causes my leather cartridge belts to draw up over time as well.  I may need more holes. :blink:

Good choice! I have one in 45 Colt

39 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Good choice! I have one in 45 Colt

The picture you posted in an older thread with your review is part of what made me seek one out.  Once I found one, I had to have it.  I had a brace of Early model Vaqueros in the past and they were great revolvers.  However, I like this Uberti more.

23 minutes ago, tacops said:

The picture you posted in an older thread with your review is part of what made me seek one out.  Once I found one, I had to have it.  I had a brace of Early model Vaqueros in the past and they were great revolvers.  However, I like this Uberti more.

Really smooth action. I have been happy with mine. I don't shoot it much.

12 hours ago, mikegideon said:

BTW... last thing I got was a Kidd Trigger Job kit and Kidd charging handle for my 10-22. Decided to start shooting my 22's some again, since ammo seems to be coming back around.

I like Kidd products.  I have a bare receiver thats going to get a Kidd single stage.  

5 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I like his products. Never would pop for a Kidd trigger until he came out with the trigger job kit. 

I have to buy a trigger assembly anyways.  The BX is 60 dollars or so and its not a huge leap from that plus the kit to just getting the whole thing for 200.   

1 minute ago, Capbyrd said:

I have to buy a trigger assembly anyways.  The BX is 60 dollars or so and its not a huge leap from that plus the kit to just getting the whole thing for 200.   

Yep, if you are going from scratch anyway, might as well go all Kidd.

• Like 1
The newest member of the family and my designated DMR.
Knight's Armament (KAC) SR-25 EMC
D19A05F8-5EA2-4F64-8FA4-6475DE9B7B06_zps4strgc9y.jpg
478822BD-5AF1-4156-B220-3445E74CE315_zpsamagbkym.jpg
16" Chrome Lined, Ball Mill Dimpled Barrel, 7.62x51mm, 1x11" Twist
68D524E8-2D4D-4A6D-9381-EC99F5A2BB83_zpsvee3yjmq.jpg

I like it. I'm not a fan of the AR-style guns. But I like the build of that one.

What was the price on that? if you don't mind.
  • Like 1