(Dont tell Mrs Monkey Man 2500)

Mark A

It is time to add another 10mm to the stable. I was pretty sure I wanted a g40 but lately the g 20 has been also calling my name. So before any of you say it, DUH... I know the answer is to get both. But, that is just not in the cards right now. The 20 would be a bit easier to carry and having a g29 as a bug makes me giggle just a bit.

But, the extra barrel length helps the 40 be all it can be.

What say ye. Don't tell she who must not be mentioned as she will tell me a real man would get both and then ask for my man card

Thanks, Mark

• Like 3

Hipower, it is weird... I HATE shooting the 40 cal pistols but love 357 sig and 10mm. The only thing I've shot 10mm out of is my G29. Mostly I shoot range stuff out of it but before we went to Alaska I shot several boxes of Buffalo Bore and other full tilt boogie stuff and it was noticeably different but not uncomfortable. But people react differently to recoil.

I've got a buddy that has a 308 bolt gun that he shoots all day and I refuse to shoot it at all after one time. Something about the stock doesn't work for me and it kicks like a mule...

Mark

1 hour ago, hipower said:

I'm tempted to try one of the EEA models, but I'm a wimp and don't really care for the 10mm. But maybe it was just the Glock I didn't like? lol

I'd say mebbe it's 50/50 the round and the glock.  Real 10mm ammo is more powerful than any 9, 40, or 45.  If shot in a lighter gun it can be punishing for those who tend to be a little more recoil sensitive.  I'm young, (or so I tell myself) "big-boned", (aka: fat) and not bothered by recoil much.  Having shot a g20 and my Witness side by side, the Witness is much easier on the shooter, especially with the 23lb recoil spring I installed.  If you like nice SA triggers the Witness delivers, in spades. 

They make the Elite Match in 9, 40, 45, and 38 Super as well.  Just last week I was perusing the different models... planning to pick one up in 9mm soon.  I'm thinking I'll go with a slightly different model so they'll be easier to differentiate, haha!  Leaning towards the Stock II model.

Edited by musicman

Start with the 20 and then ask for the 40 for Christmas! My 29 is my EDC and when I put my 20 on, whew, it is a HUGE difference. But then again it's because it's OWB. I've often thought about the 40 but I don't see the need for it (for me). 

However, Monkey and I have been eyeing a really neat looking Rifle that shoots 10mm and THAT I DO NEED!! But I need to get my hands on one and feel it first. Or not. But if I get 1, I'll have to get 2 because of you know who.

1 hour ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

Start with the 20 and then ask for the 40 for Christmas! My 29 is my EDC and when I put my 20 on, whew, it is a HUGE difference. But then again it's because it's OWB. I've often thought about the 40 but I don't see the need for it (for me). 

However, Monkey and I have been eyeing a really neat looking Rifle that shoots 10mm and THAT I DO NEED!! But I need to get my hands on one and feel it first. Or not. But if I get 1, I'll have to get 2 because of you know who.

Which rifle is that? My brother-in-law is a big 10 fan and might like to know about it.

I love my G20. I carry it when I'm on the farm cutting wood, trails, or whatever. I also carry it when I'm hunting, camping or in the woods. It's just about as big a gun as I'd ever want to carry often as a sidearm. Any bigger, and I'd probably just carry the 44.

Anything bigger than the G20 would be in my way most of the time honestly. Although the Glock40 is a very cool gun.

• Like 1
On 10/13/2016 at 9:32 PM, TNWNGR said:

I'm wondering if she's talking about the Aero Survivor rifle? Is it by TNW? If so it looks like it uses Glock mags

It is! We've been toying with the idea. I just don't like how toy'ish it looks. Buds has a great price on them online. I think almost $100 or so cheaper than buying them straight from the manufacturer. The problem is I can't find one local to hold. But that hasn't stopped me in the past when it came to rifles.

2 hours ago, MrsMonkeyMan2500 said:

It is! We've been toying with the idea. I just don't like how toy'ish it looks. Buds has a great price on them online. I think almost $100 or so cheaper than buying them straight from the manufacturer. The problem is I can't find one local to hold. But that hasn't stopped me in the past when it came to rifles.

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/asrx-cplt-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.htm

Well it might look somewhat toyish but it's sure a lot more sturdy looking then the Keltec Sub 2000, but then the Sub 2k isn't available in the 10mm.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Monkeyman2500 said:

Whew! I thought this was going to be about puppies. 

Listen, that can happen at anytime.

10 hours ago, TNWNGR said:

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/asrx-cplt-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.htm

Well it might look somewhat toyish but it's sure a lot more sturdy looking then the Keltec Sub 2000, but then the Sub 2k isn't available in the 10mm.

I'm not familiar with that one either. But I think if I get one, I'd have to get all black. I'm very curious about them and interested, but with my current AR, I don't know if the need is really there. I think it's more of a want.