TWD Season 7

Oh Shoot

So, next Sunday to find out who's snuffed. Or better be -- I'll be pissed if it's other than Glenn, and I'll be perhaps even more pissed if they put it off an episode by doing some opening  group flashback thing or other.

Anyway, main reason I posted other than make a new post holder --  who watched TWD special tonight, "The Journey So Far" ? I found it quite enjoyable, encapsulating all six seasons into two hours, and letting the cast members and crew narrate it all along the way. Not on Comcast On Demand, at least yet, but I'm sure will be repeated throughout the week some.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
2 hours ago, NextExit said:

My guess is Rick comes out of that camper minus an arm.

That would really be a daily ongoing production hassle, I just don't believe they'd write it in just because of that. Most of Herschel's scenes where they showed full body had to be done with "green screen" with CGI retouching or whatever, and I just don't think they'd be willing to do that with a central character who's on screen more than most everybody else.  Then again, I guess they could give him a Merle "prosthetic" of some kind to get around that.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

So after watching that, is there any way it's not Abraham? Has to be close enough to get blood on Rick's face, and leave a puddle of brain matter in view of a "behind Rick" camera as it pans down from camper.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

So after watching that, is there any way it's not Abraham? Has to be close enough to get blood on Rick's face, and leave a puddle of brain matter in view of a "behind Rick" camera as it pans down from camper.  

Well, it does indeed seem to be made to look like blood spatter, wasn't there at end of last episode,  and ya got Maggie and then Abe to Rick's right, so ...?

- OS

My bet is on Abraham as he is the only one to show himself a threat to Negan.  He was fearless in the face of Lucille.  People like Negan cannot have competition or or anyone around who might talk back.

I know who gets the bat in the comics and he's been on borrowed time for a while anyway but since when do they follow the story?

Either way I'm excited to see who gets it.

I will say this...I'm not squeamish at all but that final scene after Lucille struck was probably one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on TV.  

Furthermore, if Sunday night does not start right up were they left us at the end of last season the producers of that show will be buying me a new TV. :lol:

Edited by Garufa
50 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I will say this...I'm not squeamish at all but that final scene after Lucille struck was probably one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on TV. 

I'm still more creeped out by the head bashing lineup at the blood trough at Terminus. The simulated sound of that aluminum bat hitting their noggins one after the other down the line is still most shiver inducing for me.

- OS

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

I'm still more creeped out by the head bashing lineup at the blood trough at Terminus. The simulated sound of that aluminum bat hitting their noggins one after the other down the line is still most shiver inducing for me.

- OS

That made my skin crawl as well.  It was the most disturbing thing up until Lucille.  

Matter of fact you might be right...or not.  Both scenes are profoundly disturbing.  I can't decide.  Both have their, uh, "merits".

• Like 1

I know it's not gonna happen, but I'd like to see Negan end the Rictatorship.  Kill all but Darryl, Michonne, and Abraham.  End the soap opera crap and have Negan wipeout the hilltop, Ezekiel, the whisperer's (or whoever is next) End it now and season 8 can have Negan wipeout the whole "Fear The Walking Dead" crew. 

I've have come to the conclusion that aside from this whole "living dead thing" it takes so real artistic license to believe that someone like Negan could exist. So they get captured for a short time and he clubs a couple people, that I can believe.  But as soon as I was turned loose, one set of camo and an AR and I could guarantee Negan's head would look like a watermelon after a Gallagher show.    Just shoot the mother####er, am I oversimplifying this? 

Edited by Lumber_Jack
I misspelled mother####er
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

I've have come to the conclusion that aside from this whole "living dead thing" it takes so real artistic license to believe that someone like Negan could exist. So they get captured for a short time and he clubs a couple people, that I can believe.  But as soon as I was turned loose, one set of camo and an AR and I could guarantee Negan's head would look like a watermelon after a Gallagher show.    Just shoot the mother####er, am I oversimplifying this? 

Now, now, buddy. You're equating real life with the wonderful world of tv writers. They don't see reality the way we do. lol

On 10/22/2016 at 9:31 PM, NextExit said:

Spoiler alert.... of course it may be pure :poop: considering the source but at least it's a different theory :rolleyes: We'll find out in less than 24 hours..... maybe....

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead/comments/58gzpo/major_spoilers_season_7_episode_1_qa_from_the/?st=IULWROXU&sh=6cf705b8

Don't read past this post if you still haven't seen it and don't want the spoiler

Edited by Oh Shoot