TWD Season 7

Oh Shoot

I don't think it would be too difficult to re-up their inventory of weapons. They are, after all living in the South. They just need to made a concerted effort of sweeping some houses. Focus on the ones with trucks and boats in the driveway. 

The "One Bullet" idea made me think of those one shot guns they used to drop in Germany during WWII. The idea was use it to take down one lone soldier, then take his guns and use them to take down a few more, and hand out their guns.

Still, I think at this point, given Ricks mental state, I'd be looking for a way to move on. It's a big country, and Negan only has so far of a reach. If they get caught driving away, just say we are on a scavenging mission to get you some stuff. Why do they feel like they have to stay in this miserable situation?

Good luck with sharpening that AK bayo into a slicing machine on that hand stone, Sasha. I couldn't do it with a dang belt sander. ;)

edit: dang, Jesus is a Brit too, that's like half the principal cast over time.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
On 11/25/2016 at 7:00 PM, NextExit said:

Seriously doubt it and I hope not.  I still think that Carl is one of the best characters on the show - often better than Rick.  Plus there are ways - which wouldn't be entirely inconsistent with the comic - to set up Carl's appearances so that the actor could film in blocks and not necessarily have to be on set every day.  If I were him I'd keep making bank while I could.  This gig won't last forever, there will probably never be another like it and, honestly, he stands to make more money from staying on the show for as long as possible than from a lifetime of working a 'regular' job, even with a college degree.

On 11/16/2016 at 4:40 AM, analog_kidd said:

The "One Bullet" idea made me think of those one shot guns they used to drop in Germany during WWII. The idea was use it to take down one lone soldier, then take his guns and use them to take down a few more, and hand out their guns.

The liberator. I watched a documentary on it years ago. Total turd and never really distributed... but if you have nothing....

300px-M1942_liberator.jpg

5 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

The liberator. I watched a documentary on it years ago. Total turd and never really distributed... but if you have nothing....

300px-M1942_liberator.jpg

So were you supposed to shoot the guy or hit him in the head with it. lol 

Looked this up. Looks like a million were made, but most not delivered.  They did this in 11 weeks at about $2.10 per gun.

I like this info from Wikipedia on it

" The Liberator was shipped in a cardboard box with 10 rounds of .45 ACP ammunition, a wooden dowel to remove the empty cartridge case, and an instruction sheet in comic strip form showing how to load and fire the weapon. "

On 11/15/2016 at 7:20 PM, Garufa said:

Carl needs to get a proper eye patch and cut his damn hair.

I've got no problem with guys having long hair but he's looking way past girly and that ain't cool.

What Carl really needs is that Rocket Launcher back. lol

On 11/15/2016 at 7:11 PM, tacops said:

I would just be happy if Carl would lose that sorry excuse for a western hat.  I mean come on, really, anybody that ever wore a western hat (before Urban Cowboy was filmed) knows that the crown and brim shape is essential to the character of both hat and person under it.  All it takes is a little steam and imagination.  That DXXN hat makes my skin crawl. :grouchy:

What about Rick still wearing the same leather soled cowboy boots? Did they not find anything new for him in all the houses they cleared? I mean his have to be worn slap out. Plus running in those can't be fun.

I worked in a western store for years. No way I want to run through the muck and snow in those.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

What about Rick still wearing the same leather soled cowboy boots? Did they not find anything new for him in all the houses they cleared? I mean his have to be worn slap out. Plus running in those can't be fun.

I worked in a western store for years. No way I want to run through the muck and snow in those.

Rick has has enough trouble finding himself much less proper footwear.  

The only thing cowboy boots are good for is looking good on Saturday night at the two-step.  They sure aren't  cut out for getting through the zombie apocalypse.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Rick has has enough trouble finding himself much less proper footwear.  

The only thing cowboy boots are good for is looking good on Saturday night at the two-step.  They sure aren't  cut out for getting through the zombie apocalypse.

They came into existence to facilitate riding horses, western saddle style. Everything after that was just fashion, not function.

- OS

3 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

They came into existence to facilitate riding horses, western saddle style. Everything after that was just fashion, not function.

- OS

Yep, and they're good at that.  Otherwise, one might as well be wearing ski boots.  :lol:

Edited by Garufa
6 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Carl, Carl...when you go to kill someone, you have an automatic weapon in your hands, and he's standing right in front of you, YOU SHOOT,  IDIOT!

Yeah, why even pause, just mow down all the guys standing there. He knew who Negan was, so concentrate fire on him, but clear them all. Gives you a better chance of surviving.

All that time he has been riding in that truck and he never checked that mag to be prepared? Plus did not pick a secondary pistol or something for when he ran dry?

The "Make me a bullet" scene made me cringe. There is way more to making a bullet than just the shell and projectile. Where did they get the powder, or the primer. Did they get the correct amount of powder? Did they test fire one? And they spent all day there, and she got ONE bullet? If you get set up, make a bunch.

I would have thought their time would have been better spent scrounging for ammo and guns. Surely there has to be some houses left with a pickup truck and fishing boat in the driveway that have not been cleared.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, analog_kidd said:

The "Make me a bullet" scene made me cringe. There is way more to making a bullet than just the shell and projectile. Where did they get the powder, or the primer. Did they get the correct amount of powder? Did they test fire one? And they spent all day there, and she got ONE bullet? If you get set up, make a bunch.

I would have thought their time would have been better spent scrounging for ammo and guns. Surely there has to be some houses left with a pickup truck and fishing boat in the driveway that have not been cleared.

I agree, and how did he mold the bullet? He could have molded 100 while he was at it.

Remember how much brass was on that bridge with Heath? They need to be gathering that stuff. I bet boxes of primers never got touched when people cleared houses. When they were in GA, there had to be reloading equipment around. They should have been reloading at the prison already.

Powder is the big issue. With experimenting they can make black powder. It will just have to be tested for proper loads.

The show kills me sometimes. I love it, but Rick and the gang have no real long-term survival sense.

5 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

All those house they've been through in all those towns, not one reloading press or bullet mold?  

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Lumber_Jack said:

All those house they've been through in all those towns, not one reloading press or bullet mold?  

At the very least, a shotgun re-loader. As long as you had primers and powder, you could cram gravel in as shot if you had to. Or do a Billy the Kid and load it with dimes. Use cardboard wads and at least you have ammo for one class of guns. Just keep picking up your empties and reloading them. Not the best zombie killing setup, but zombies are the least of their worries right now.