TWD Season 7

Oh Shoot

1 minute ago, Lumber_Jack said:

Bingo, see they could have written a 2 min plot line and showed them finding some matches a such and really made it believable.  Oh well, you know, zombies and all

Crap, I would have just been glad if they showed them finding an hand full of primers and a shotgun shell they could pull powder from. 

• Like 1

I get the fact that as far as we know Eugene has no prior knowledge of reloading metallic cartridges. Eugene walks into a machine shop with minimal materials and produces one loaded round is a little far fetched but plausible.  I also get the fact this is a fictional show about zombies so you have to let your imagination go with the story a little.  The one real issue that's bothering me is that just surviving is getting tough with out having to deal with the fighting going on to be at the top of the food chain among survivors.  I sense that anyone near Negan or any of the outsiders have nothing but disdain for the guy.  I don't know what kind of kool-aid recipe he has but surely someone has got to show a sign of wanting to take him out.  I understand the show needs an antagonist to Ricks character but come on people.

5 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

I get the fact that as far as we know Eugene has no prior knowledge of reloading metallic cartridges. Eugene walks into a machine shop with minimal materials and produces one loaded round is a little far fetched but plausible.  I also get the fact this is a fictional show about zombies so you have to let your imagination go with the story a little.  The one real issue that's bothering me is that just surviving is getting tough with out having to deal with the fighting going on to be at the top of the food chain among survivors.  I sense that anyone near Negan or any of the outsiders have nothing but disdain for the guy.  I don't know what kind of kool-aid recipe he has but surely someone has got to show a sign of wanting to take him out.  I understand the show needs an antagonist to Ricks character but come on people.

Like one guy said on the show, he is one guy with a baseball bat. Why no one took him out before he got his chain of command in place I will never know. As much as he pisses on everyone, surely someone will get angry enough to shoot him in the back. Unless that jacket has a Kevlar lining that is all it would take.

16 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Like one guy said on the show, he is one guy with a baseball bat. Why no one took him out before he got his chain of command in place I will never know. As much as he pisses on everyone, surely someone will get angry enough to shoot him in the back. Unless that jacket has a Kevlar lining that is all it would take.

Yeah, I said long ago, it's just human nature. People snuff folks in rage all the time in real life, regardless of the consequences to themselves, and for less than the cruelty Negan has laid on various member of his crew. And as you say, a bit of sneakiness and you wouldn't even have to necessarily suffer any retributions.

I don't mind all the lapses of reality with gun facts and whatnot, or even the basic illogic of the Zeds themselves, that's all suspension of disbelief. But TWD's strong point has been human drama, the reality of interactions as we relate to them in the human experience, and Negan just couldn't really exist for long the way he does in such an exposed way among his cadre.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

So next week is the 90 minute mid season finale.  I'd love to see them piss off their fans with the whole episode being a back story on Negan.... or maybe they'll do that after the break.  I just know they gotta sneak in at some point. :2cents: 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/6/2016 at 6:06 PM, Ronald_55 said:

i don't think Negan just walked in to a big group, took it over and immediately started being an a-hole.  Instead, he probably started out with a group like Rick's - a small group that had survived and developed the ability to kick much ass.  Time after time, for whatever reason - skill, knowledge, cunning, accident - Negan kept his group alive and got them out of situations they didn't think they could possibly survive.  That core group developed a loyalty to him.  Then he maybe came upon some more people who had cool stuff like supplies, a safe place to live and so on and - over the course of the next, few months - the Saviors lived up to their name and got the larger, to that point more protected group through some things that they would not have survived without Negan and the Saviors there to protect them.  As Negan settled into his new role as the leader of the combined groups - with his core group of Savior loyalists firmly on his side - he began to be more and more of an a-hole.  Still, he had planted the idea in people's minds by that point that the only reason they were alive was because of him and, if only in order to survive, they fell in line and accepted the excesses he slowly but surely piled on.

Imagine, if you will, if Shane had killed Rick instead of the other way around.  When Shane reached Alexandria he probably would have done just about as well as Rick at keeping them all safe.  Heck, he might not have made some of the tactical mistakes that Rick made.  However, once he was in the leadership position he also would not have been the leader by the leave of the others in the group.  Instead, he would have developed into a leader much more like Negan just as Rick could have done.  Remember how Shane knee-capped Otis and left him as a distraction to the Walkers who were chasing them?  I could totally see Negan doing that.  So, in some ways, in Negan and the Saviors I think we are seeing a possible glimpse of what would have happened to Rick's group as well as Alexandria if Shane had been the one to live.

Now, as to dissenters:

Rick has had dissenters.  Look at Spencer - he very much tried to do just what you guys have talked about, get Rick taken out of the leadership position (and, although he didn't want to admit it, see Rick dead.)  Hell, as much as I disliked Spencer you can't even deny that he had some good points.  Rick really did make some mistakes that got some of the people of Alexandria killed.  The idea of herding the walkers from the quarry didn't work out and having most of the fighters from the group out doing that allowed the Wolves to invade and kill still more people then the herd of walkers invaded Alexandria and killed still more people.  Rick killed a woman's husband (yeah, he deserved it) and took up with that woman.  Then, when the herd hit Alexandria, that woman's youngest son was killed by walkers, Rick chopped the woman's arm off with a hatchet (to save Carl) and Michonne ran the woman's oldest son through with a sword (because he shot Carl and was trying to shoot Rick.)  Rick really kind of was partially responsible for Spencer's dad being killed (because he set into motion the chain of events that lead to his death) and was also partially responsible for Spencer's mom getting killed (because his plan went awry and the herd came to Alexandria.)  Rick made the decision that they should attack the Savior's outpost and set into motion a chain of events that, again, has gotten several people in his group killed.  Still, what happened to Spencer?  Both sides turned on him to one extent or another.  Rick had already threatened to take him out and he ended up with his intestines laying on the pavement courtesy of Negan.  Now, imagine if said dissenter was trying to cause trouble for Negan.  Unlike Rick, I doubt Negan (or his loyalists among the Saviors) would have given him a second chance.  One of Negan's advantages is that, "We're all Negan."  As soon as anyone started grumbling or saying things that indicated he (or she) might become a problem Negan would know about it and, "shut that sh** down, no exceptions."

See, (in the show more than the comic book but in the comic as well), I see Gregory, Negan and Ezekiel all as representing different aspects of Rick's leadership.  Negan represents the strong leader who keeps his people safe from outside threats but rules by might and threats.  Rick has, more or less, kept his people safe from outside threats (at least more safe than they would have been without him) and is not above a well-placed threat or even violent action on someone within the group that he perceives as a threat (again, the husband that he beat the crap out of, held a gun on and then, ultimately, killed.)  Gregory represents the kind of leader who wants peace, just wants everyone to get along and work together and thinks that it is worth suffering a whole lot of indignities to preserve the peace (and his own hide.)  Rick wants people to get along and work together.  Rick wants peace and (until he realized that no matter how much he caves his group will never be safe from Negan) is willing to suffer a whole lot of indignities to preserve the peace.  Ezekiel is a good man and a pretty good leader from a social standpoint who wants to give his people hope.  The Kingdom might actually have a shot at fighting the Saviors and winning but he will instead deal with them in order to keep his people from having to fight.  Rick is still, on the whole, a good man and a pretty good leader within the community who also doesn't want to risk his people by fighting the Saviors.  The thing is,  however, to varying degrees, each of them mostly exhibits only one aspect of the type of leadership that Rick provides and each of them takes the aspect they represent too far to be 'the best' leader that they possibly could be.  Negan is too quick to punish and goes right to the extreme in that punishment.  Gregory is a coward who won't fight no matter the indignities he and his people must suffer.  Ezekiel is so worried about his people having hope and peace that he doesn't see that sometimes it is necessary to fight to achieve those things.  Rick, on the other hand, mostly combines the beneficial aspects of each approach and, therefore, provides a much more balanced leadership style.  He will use the carrot, the stick or the olive branch as he believes necessary to keep those who trust him alive and bring them into a brighter future.

Edited by JAB
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 8:08 PM, alleycat72 said:

Negan becomes a good guy after he talks to the Whisperers.

My prediction based on what I've read. 

I do believe the audience appetite for nasty payback will have to be accorded for the TV version.

4 hours ago, Garufa said:

I haven't forgotten.  Am all revved up waiting for disappointment.  :lol:

Well the zombie weed whacker limbo dance failure was purt durn cool, whoever thought of that in the first place gets an extra cookie IMNSHO.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
9 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Well the zombie weed whacker limbo dance failure was purt durn cool, whoever thought of that in the first place gets an extra cookie IMNSHO.

- OS

It was brilliant.  However, stopping and getting out it the middle of the horde was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. 

26 minutes ago, buck1032 said:

At the beginning of the episode, as Father Gabriel is starting to drive away, someone raises up from either the passenger set or in the back seat. I am thinking Ricks smile at the end of the episode will have something to do with Gabriel.

You know someone else said that that I work with. I rewatched it online pausing it and I didnt see it. Maybe my eyes are getting bad.

5 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

You know someone else said that that I work with. I rewatched it online pausing it and I didnt see it. Maybe my eyes are getting bad.

I stand corrected. But the person sitting up looks more like a horror movie ghost than an actual person sitting up from a bent position.

There is also a reflection in the car while he is adding gas.

I just assumed that Father Gabriel was entrusted to bury various caches of stuff.  In other words, if Rick were to hold back stuff from Negan, he wouldn't tell everyone his plans, as someone like Spencer would have ratted him out.  Other than Michonne and Carl, Rick seems to be putting the most trust in Father Gabriel lately.  He trusts Gabriel with the life of his infant daughter, so it stands to reason that he might have given Gabriel a mission to gradually hide some stuff.  Didn't Gabriel back up Rick when Rick told Negan that Maggie was dead?  I think he showed the graves to Negan.  I assumed that they had buried some supplies in a false grave (maybe even under an old Walker corpse) as some insurance against Negan.  In the latest episode, Gabriel had some type of map with circles on it, which I assumed to be his caches.

If I am right that Rick and Gabriel have a secret mission, then it would make sense for Rick to play dumb and give Gabriel the benefit of the doubt when everyone else assumed that Gabriel had abandoned them.

• Like 1

Well, I finally got caught up. Just binge watched all of season7 to current. Dang... Glenn popped an eye :blink: and bummer to see Abe go. 

It seems Rick found some new armed fighters at the end of the last episode. It will be interesting to see the connection with Gabriel, "BOAT", the mysterious person that followed them from the boat, and the small army that now surrounds them.

I'm enjoying the season so far. Although, I would have used that Win 70 to pick off Negan's scull or maybe scavenge some dynamite to load into the back of their supply trucks... I guess they didn't try to kill him yet though because he was holding Daryl hostage.

Does Rosita have bad timing or what? There was no worse time for her to try and pull that off. 

Edited by Wingshooter