TWD Season 7

Oh Shoot

On 2/19/2017 at 10:24 PM, dawgdoc said:

Those Heapsters would be more at home in a 70s dystopia sci-fi movie.  I can suspend my disbelief about zombies, but why are these people acting so weird?  Bath salts?

The timeline inside the show is what, like 18 months to a year from the when all hell broke loose? Take away a bit of time for wandering about and figuring stuff out, and these people have been a group for probably no more than a year. I don't see a group psychosis happening in that short of time to cause them all to all act so strange. Over a few generations, maybe, but you can't just get that many people to all change that quickly.

And these people specialize in gathering things, but they haven't found a single gun? 

The other thing about the show that bugs me every week... Why are they driving around in broken down beaters? The Saviors met the Kingdom folks in a rusted out old pickup truck and a crappy SUV. They could have their pick of literally just about any kind of car / truck they want.

6 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

The timeline inside the show is what, like 18 months to a year from the when all hell broke loose? Take away a bit of time for wandering about and figuring stuff out, and these people have been a group for probably no more than a year. I don't see a group psychosis happening in that short of time to cause them all to all act so strange. Over a few generations, maybe, but you can't just get that many people to all change that quickly.

And these people specialize in gathering things, but they haven't found a single gun? 

The other thing about the show that bugs me every week... Why are they driving around in broken down beaters? The Saviors met the Kingdom folks in a rusted out old pickup truck and a crappy SUV. They could have their pick of literally just about any kind of car / truck they want.

I agree that it is too soon for a crazy slide in language and social skills on a mass level. Even 5 years would be too soon unles you had something like all kids that had no caregivers to socialize them.. Maybe it is an act to give away as little info as possible?

Yeah they are in Virginia. Not as gun friendly in some areas as GA, but still should be lots of old shotguns, hunting rifles, and .22s lying around. Ammo might be an issue, but h3ll you can make a gun out of 2 pieces of pipe and a nail. They should be able to come up with something. Why not manufacture guns instead of trash piles and wire cats?

Yeah, I have thought of that too. No one is riding around in a big Escalade or Range Rover. My only thought is that they pick older cars that are easier to work on. Pre-computer vehicles that use a carb and cables to run things. That would be a little smart. Though maintaining the body with some paint would help their longevity.

One thing that bothered me in the scene where the Kingdom is giving their stuff to the Savior group is that part of the stuff was car batteries. If this has been a couple or 3 years, most batteries sitting there in cars would be bad by now. Plus the Saviors do not seem to have a large warehouse stock of stuff they are maintaining. The only other option is that they are pulling the lead for reloading. That might be ok, though it is much more deadly than using wheel weights.

With all the stuff lying around all groups seem to do very limited collect and catalog. Having teams looking for stuff like spare car parts to pull and log in a warehouse would be my plan after the immediate needs of food and shelter are met. Collect things like reloading supplies, building material (nails and screws), copper wire (for wire use and to use as a copper source), and any other category you can thing of. Plus with Alexandria seeming to have a good supply of electricity, you could bring in stuff to set up a machine shop, a commercial kitchen (cooking is large batches is far less wasteful), textile manufacturing, and etc. Call me a hoarder, but in that world no one is going to be making certain things again for a long time. The longer things go on the more trade value some things will have. Even things as crazy as old skin mags would have a value since the supply was limited. Also, all these dead cars would be a great source of oil. Either to use as oil or as a fuel. Just pull the oil plug and drain them. Load it into 55gal barrels and store it in a safe spot. But, especially in Alexandria, these people seem to spend a lot of time doing nothing. Even the kids could pitch in with things like collecting aluminum and steel cans to be melted down as a raw material. 

I thought for sure that I saw a few of the Heapsters with both long guns and a handgun.  Maybe 1 out of every 10 had what I thought was a firearm.

As for the junk cars, I figured that within the show's story, it was due to easier maintenance.  The real reason is that by leaving out modern vehicles, they might get more options for car advertisements.  Also, they notably used a product placement Hyundai SUV in the second or third season that wasn't in production at the time the scenes were set.  With old cars, I don't consciously register the year or model like with a new car, so it doesn't really date the scenes.

1 hour ago, dawgdoc said:

I thought for sure that I saw a few of the Heapsters with both long guns and a handgun.  Maybe 1 out of every 10 had what I thought was a firearm

Yeah, they did. Saw a good few when they first met at very end of previous episode, didn't really notice any in this one though. Obviously not all that many per capita though, most have knives and improvised whatevers.

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 2 weeks later...

As interest wanes I may as well toss out my thoughts on last nights Keystone Cops episode. While Rick and Michonne were gather weapons I kept telling myself they should also have been gathering all the available body armor that was there at the carnival. They are about to go to war and to me the body armor would be high on the list of stuff to procure when available.  

My interest is slowly fading.  At this point, they should have Rick & Michonne drive off into the sunset (preferably go west and kick the crap out of the FTWD group :P ) and focus the show on the saviors.  Did anyone really think the walkers got Rick?  I knew they were having Bambi buffet :rolleyes: 

7 minutes ago, NextExit said:

Did anyone really think the walkers got Rick?

I too knew it was bambi but the first thing I thought of was "No, not another Glenn under the dumpster scene".  Yeah, they are turning me into a, I used to be be a fan but they've ran course on this story line!

Michonne asked Rick about what comes next after they get the guns and defeat the saviors. Where do they go?  He basically said they try to stay alive.  Don't think people are gonna continue to tune in for the next 2, 3, whatever years just to watch a group survive and encounter the next "worst villain yet."   AMC will continue to renew as long as the ratings are up.  

11 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Watching Rick and Michonne feasting on those mre's reminded me of "mre dinner date" as there is no way their post-apocalyptic systems could handle it.  :lol:

Google it if you've never read the story.  It's gold.

I had forgot about that. It is a classic. Right up there with sugar free gummy bears. 

4 minutes ago, joe4vol said:

I had forgot about that. It is a classic. Right up there with sugar free gummy bears. 

Are you familiar with "ryan's steakhouse macaroni and beef"?  It's older than both and my personal favorite.  

59 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Watching Rick and Michonne feasting on those mre's reminded me of "mre dinner date" as there is no way their post-apocalyptic systems could handle it.  :lol:

Google it if you've never read the story.  It's gold.

When Michonne said she was eating another I laughed and told the wife she wouldn't have a bowel movement for several days. The Dear Wife commented that in this case that would be a good thing.

I've about had it with the whole thing finally. The Rick/Michonne thing hasn't run true enough for me, somehow just don't grok her going for him in the first place, whatever.

And yeah, the little cliffhanger lite with Rick in this one was cheapish, and etc - Buck's "Keystone Kops" comment apropos methinks.

Haven't kept up with ratings, but unless the money not just talks but screams, seems to me they need to resolve the Negan thing, pull all the good tribes together, look at an optimistic sunrise, and call it done.

At least they finally put in a new and recognizable "Judith" beyond holding size only, supposed to be maybe now what? Three or four?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I think the show needs some hope. Maybe the sight of a military chopper flying or a broadcast on a radio to get the group moving towards DC again. They need to defeat Negan and take up their quest again to find answers. They could stretch a few more seasons by doing that I think. I think that would be a rewarding way to eventually wrap the series up with the re-birth of civilization.

I understand Rosita's and Sasha's frustration, but they are on a death wish unless they play it smart. I still don't get it why someone doesn't stuff Negan's suppy truck with TNT :shrug:

Eugene is the guy to kill Negan with minimal effort at this point.

Edited by Wingshooter
1 hour ago, Wingshooter said:

Yeah, I already figgered he'd be instrumental in some way, maybe poison a bunch of them or something, but of course Negan will need a "special" end. I can't see the bloodthirsty TV audience being satisfied with letting him evolve as apparently happens in the comics. 

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I think the show needs some hope. Maybe the sight of a military chopper flying or a broadcast on a radio to get the group moving towards DC again. They need to defeat Negan and take up their quest again to find answers. They could stretch a few more seasons by doing that I think. I think that would be a rewarding way to eventually wrap the series up with the re-birth of civilization.

I understand Rosita's and Sasha's frustration, but they are on a death wish unless they play it smart. I still don't get it why someone doesn't stuff Negan's suppy truck with TNT :shrug:

I agree the show is sliding. They make too many stupid decisions. Like not just luring the carnival walkers to the fence to off a few at a time. 

I am not sure I want to see them on the road again. I think civilization is too far gone for a "cure"

Yeah, I already figgered he'd be instrumental in some way, maybe poison a bunch of them or something, but of course Negan will need a "special" end. I can't see the bloodthirsty TV audience being satisfied with letting him evolve as apparently happens in the comics. 

- OS

I agree... simply dropping a pill in Negan's glass is too dull a death for him. There will have to be more. Lowering him slowly into a vat of walker heads of something, but I figure the writers will have Maggie or Rick do the deed. Or maybe he'll get eaten by that tiger!

I agree the show is sliding. They make too many stupid decisions. Like not just luring the carnival walkers to the fence to off a few at a time. 

I am not sure I want to see them on the road again. I think civilization is too far gone for a "cure"

I'd like to see them make it to DC and find the real reason behind the outbreak (biological warfare, etc.). I enjoyed the downtown Atlanta episodes, and DC wouldd be a nice change from Alexandria I think.

Real civilization is too far gone at this point unless they are starting over.

I'd like to see them make it to DC and find the real reason behind the outbreak (biological warfare, etc.). I enjoyed the downtown Atlanta episodes, and DC wouldd be a nice change from Alexandria I think.

Real civilization is too far gone at this point unless they are starting over.

I just wonder since they are like 10 miles away from DC, why they have not just ran over there. At the very least to loot some stuff. The Naval yard is close, plus who knows how many troops ended up there to defend the Pentagon and White House. That is a lot of guns, armament, and ammo that could be lying around. I mean if a whole carnival of weapon carrying walkers is just sitting around in the middle of no where, what is in the other places?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.ac79a1bfb01d5debe89e6c38122aa2c8.jpg

I think they may be avoiding DC so that the show does not have to CGI or build the well known buildings. I kind of feel like part of the stuff they are doing is to keep the budget down and maybe squeeze out a few more seasons' worth of contract.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

I too have thought about the guns that could be close by since the story line is so close to DC.  Why have they not tried Quantico or go to Newport News.  I thought about the Navy ships that might be docked in Yorktown or Chesapeake Bay.  I think the whole filming has been done in Georgia even though the storyline took them to Alexandria, VA.   So filming shots of DC probably will not happen.