chicken fried deer strips with pictures

tercel89

I usually soak any meat in buttermilk that I want to fry but I tried doing what everyone else does and did it in eggwash. It worked out good, here's my chickenfried deer steak strips. And to keep this firearm related , I shot this deer last year with my home defense Mossberg 500 LOL. I sold my muzzleloader and my lever-action rifle so I now hunt with shotgun. I had a lot more strips but this was the first batch out of the pan. This was some front leg meat .

fried deer.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 4

Very simple. I thawed some front legs strips of meat that I shot last year. I dipped them in some eggs mixed with milk. Then rolled them in flour and back into the eggs and them into the flour again. Then put them in hot canola oil . It was good. I normally only put them in buttermilk and then the flour and into oil but I thought I'd try this way for a change . I am down to only 5 pounds of deer meat so I hope to get a few pounds next month ! It's nice to eat meat knowing it isn't tainted with growth hormones and crap like that . I would hunt turkeys but they have too good of eyesight and I cant sit still HA HA

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

They sure do look appetizing. How did you teach the chicken how to cook??

LOL , I think that is what people call it when you fry things and add crust to it . Like fried chicken , fried livers , gizzards , and such.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.