Arby's Venison Sandwich

• 11 months later...

The venison sandwiches are coming back to all Arby's locations nationwide on October 21.  Sounds like a one-day only event.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/hunting-season-is-here-arbys-tests-elk-sandwiches-releases-venison-sandwiches-nationwide/482519600

Elk sandwiches will be available in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.

Edited by Garufa
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

The venison sandwiches are coming back to all Arby's locations nationwide on October 21.  Sounds like a one-day only event.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/hunting-season-is-here-arbys-tests-elk-sandwiches-releases-venison-sandwiches-nationwide/482519600

Elk sandwiches will be available in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.

I like Elk a lot better than venison.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I’ve never et proper Elk, just some jerky I got in Colorado the one time I was there.

It's really tasty stuff. In fact, if you make the trip up to the Cabela's in Bristol  they have elk on the menu in their café.  I mean, if you're in the market for an excuse to go visit Cabela's. 

Edited by Chucktshoes

There is a place in Cleveland, TN called Bald Headed Bistro that has elk on the menu.  I have wanted to eat there for several years but still haven't.  The elk is $42.  Which isn't as pricey as the Bison Ribeye at $59.  I don't mind paying for a good meal but that is a bit rich for my blood - hence the reason I have never eaten there.

https://baldheadedbistro.com/collections/entrees

There is also a place in Knoxville called Lonesome Dove - I believe it is in the building where Patrick Sullivan's Saloon used to be, in the Old City - that has game on the menu.  Again, I haven't eaten there because it is pricey.  They have 'courses' and some of the first course stuff doesn't look too pricey but I don't know that they are set up for someone to go there and basically just have appetizers.  They do have a section on the menu called 'bar snacks' but nothing that sounds too terribly exciting on there.

http://lonesomedoveknoxville.com/menus/dinner/

As for the venison sandwich, I got kind of excited when I saw it was going to be in all stores.  Then I saw the date.  I hope to be camping at Citico and going to the '18th Century Trade Faire' at Fort Loudoun on that day - and there isn't an Arby's all that close to the area so I guess I'll miss out again this year.

Edited by JAB
On 10/12/2017 at 9:20 AM, Wingshooter said:

I had some local elk last time I was out in OR. I also like it better than deer. :yum:

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but Elk are actually deer.  Elk (Cervus canadensis), is one of the largest species within the deer family, Cirvidae, in the world, and one of the largest land mammals in North America.

On 10/26/2016 at 12:31 PM, Garufa said:

Hunting made easy.

Coming soon......http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/10/26/oh-deer-arbys-tests-venison-burger-at-select-locations/

According to my Google skills the only Tennessee location is 2044 Rosa L. Parks Blvd in Nashville. Available October 31 - November 3.

There's at least one more. Every once in a while we stop at the Arbys in Athens,TN

10 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but Elk are actually deer.  Elk (Cervus canadensis), is one of the largest species within the deer family, Cirvidae, in the world, and one of the largest land mammals in North America.

I like the big deer better than the small deer :)

Elk > whitetail

• Like 1