Does Anyone Make a Smaller Rem 870 End Cap???

WarPig

I was searching for someone to thread my AOW so I can put my Salvo 12 on. But as I was putting on the new forgrip i realized that this may be a problem. My end cap is longer than the end of the barrel. So I need a thinner flush end cap for a Remington 870. Does anyone know of a company that makes a shorter end cap?c6e0e17fc553df11b5666f9c6a333caa.jpgcf4acf9e76636d072ec7968498ac9bde.jpg

Also if anyone knows a machinist in middle Tennessee that can thread a choke in my barrel I am all ears. Sorry for the crappy pics. I was in the middle of a build and got distracted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt you'll find a thinner one, I had a hard time finding one period several years ago.  Those are pretty thick in the front,  you may be able to have it milled to the size you need easier and faster than finding something else.

You may be right. That thought had crossed my mind. I did some looking and saw these.

http://dlaskarms.com/collections/shotgun-parts/products/remington-870-magazine-happy-caps

I couldn't find any reviews. I think they have a flat black one without anything engraved in it. But it looks a little flimsy.

Possible to use spacers to move the suppressor out a little?

I don't know. This can isn't like anything I have worked with so far...I don't know if you're familiar with the Salvo but it's basically a choke tube that has a connector on the end to screw to the can. I was wondering it it was possible to just not thread the barrel all the way in but all that is way above my pay grade. And I only get one opportunity to thread it so I don't want to go on a hunch.

• 3 weeks later...
Serbu Firearms does for the Super Shorty. I have one of the flat faced 870 mag caps that came on my 870 Super Shorty. 

Thanks. I checked their website but they didn't have one on there. I emailed them...I won't hold my breath on a response, I don't think he responded to my last email about 15 months ago about finding one in stock. I've been looking for one of those guys for about 2 years now with no luck.

I can machine it down to fit. Even if the end is open the spring should still be captured. 

Thanks. I just shipped my barrel off yesterday so I'll have a for sure answer if I need to shave it down in a few weeks.

On 11/24/2016 at 7:30 AM, Dolomite_supafly said:

And if we do remove the center you can tell people it is for water drainage. 

It's a race hole for air cooling the system and prevents drag created by microvacuums allowing for maximum cyclic rate.  

It also lets water drain. :rofl: 

• 2 weeks later...

Well y'all, I was way off on my guesstimate. The way that the 870 choke screws in it sticks out further than the crio choke on the Benelli.

I got my barrel back and everything had more than enough room. a4dc7a2d760c9080dafc67900338b2f7.jpg