Remington RP9 and RP45

tercel89

While I was disappointed about the Springfield Armory Saint being a regular AR15 I was surprised to find out today that Remington has made a new Polymer pistol called the RP9 and RP45. It looks like an M&P frame with a Canik slide. I saw two different articles on it on the web today. I . But it was interesting to me. The MSRP is below $500 so I am guessing around $435-450 maybe. I don't think anything will be wrong with this pistol like with the R51 since this is a simple striker fired gun without the extra parts like the 51 has. I am very anxious to see it's innards and such. Supposedly from the articles I saw and watched on youtube , it will be released around January . Here's a review on it ..........

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/25/remington-introduces-new-rp-9-rp-45-pistols/

Edited by tercel89
adding information
8 hours ago, Shockwave1980s said:

It does look like an S&W M&P and a Canik had a baby.

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

It looks like they had an abortion and Ruger copied it.

That thing is hideous.

Naw...Walther PPQ, M&P, and HK had a three way. This is the result.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

The article lost credibility to me when it said ".... the grip should fit 95% of shooters."  I find that hard pretty to believe from a 15 round double stack .45.

The thing does look pretty tall though, maybe they stagger the rounds like in the Shield.

• 1 month later...

I was able to look at one of these in person today ( January 2017 ) . It is a big "duty size" pistol. The guy at the counter would not remove the trigger-lock mechanism ( store policy I guess ). I was really interested in  looking under the slide to see how the trigger plunger/safety looks but couldn't see much with the slide on. I do like fullsize pistols like the big Glock 21/20 and such. So this was nice to me  but I just couldn't get much of a good grip with that darn store trigger lock on it. I know that Remington hasn't had good luck this year with the R51 but this RP9 looks very sturdy and even seems to have that "overbuilt" type look like the Ruger P-Series had in the earlier years. I guess I'll have to wait to handle another one at a different store to check one more thoroughly.