Time change this weekend...

Sam1

1 hour ago, TrickyNicky said:

I love Fall back.

That extra hour is as good as 1/2 a vacation for the working man.

For those of us with young kids it's horrible. Totally worthless. I wish the entire country would shift a half hour and stop with the time change entirely.

• Like 2

Yeah...especially

9 minutes ago, Hershmeister said:

Until its stolen from you in the spring...

I hate it - dark at 4pm just blows chunks.

Yeah...I hated it when I was working for Keystone. Driving back up from Columbia, I'd be getting to the Brentwood and 24/65 junctions in the dark. It was terrible. Driving a 16 foot box truck is difficult enough in that traffic, but add all the lights and it's real pain in the patootie.

So all you road warriors out there...stay safe.

:rofl: I never realized it was this unpopular! It does have it's drawbacks, the fast hour of the day will go by just unbearably slow when your internal clock is telling you it's past quitting time for at least a week or two. Getting home in the dark is a bit of a drag too.

But still, for that one glorious hour when I'm laying in bed and it feels like I should be up and at em... I'll take it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TrickyNicky said:

:rofl: I never realized it was this unpopular! It does have it's drawbacks, the fast hour of the day will go by just unbearably slow when your internal clock is telling you it's past quitting time for at least a week or two. Getting home in the dark is a bit of a drag too.

But still, for that one glorious hour when I'm laying in bed and it feels like I should be up and at em... I'll take it.

Naw, Ain't worth it. 

Daylight Saving Time starts in the spring and ends in the fall. I'm with y'all though...I hate dark starting so early. That means we all like the fake time (spring/summer) with the the extra hour and hate the real time (fall/winter) without the extra hour added. LOL

Daylight Saving Time starts in the spring and ends in the fall. I'm with y'all though...I hate dark starting so early. That means we all like the fake time (spring/summer) with the the extra hour and hate the real time (fall/winter) without the extra hour added. LOL

One could argue the spring is "correct " and the fall is the fake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As the old Indian chief once said, Only the white mans government could come up with the idea that you can cut a foot off one end of the blanket and sew it on the other end to make it longer.

I hate daylight savings time. Just leave it alone. Or even better go back to everyone working sun up to sun down and don't even worry about what time it is beyond morning, noon, or evening.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Hershmeister said:

One could argue the spring is "correct " and the fall is the fake

One could argue it, but one would be wrong. Daylight Saving Time was created to add an extra hour to the evenings from spring to fall. We revert to standard time every fall. National Geographic explains it here on this link.

2 hours ago, Grand Torino said:

Getting dark in the late afternoon sucks........no question.

Just be glad you don't live in Keflavik, Iceland in December... the sun rises around 11:20am and sets around 3:30pm :puke: But at least the weather isn't bad.  High 38, low 28. :rolleyes:

I hate the time change. My toddler didn't get the memo. She normally gets up around 6:30a. Anyone care to guess what time she came bouncing down the stairs this morning?

Plus, sunrise today is 6:58a. Sunset is 5:28. I normally work a couple extra hours a day and the time change means i get to the office around sunrise and leave around sunset. For someone who works inside all day and LOVES to be outside when not at work, this sucks.  I can handle the cold if i could keep the sun around a little later :mad:

• Like 1

I know exactly were TrekBike is coming from on this one. My old Mutt Kasey has an alarm clock in here stomach that alarms at Breakfast, Supper and Night-Night time. She knows I get up every morning around 8AM and at about 8:15 I am on my way to the coffee pot for first cup and I hear this scratch and light bark at the door. I open the door and give her a Jerky treat, That holds her over tilli get my coffee and Sausage Biscuit I'm having for breakfast. Before I leave the kitchen I make her a bowl of what ever was left over from night before supper and warm it about 20 seconds. when I get back to the door she is waiting for breakfast. I give her breakfast and then I eat mine with coffee. Right at 4:45 PM I get a scratch at the door, if I ignore it I get a much louder almost knock at the door. I open the door and she comes in for her supper. At 8PM she scratches at the door ready for bed. She gets a little snack as a night night snack that she takes into her house and then my night is my own. This time change really messes her up for about a month everytime..................................:bowrofl: