Revised September 21, 2017
What this Privacy Statement Covers
- This privacy statement covers EP's treatment of personally identifiable information collected by EP through a website owned and operated by EP.
- This privacy statement does not apply to the practices of companies that EP does not own or control, or of persons that EP does not employ or manage, including any third-party content contributors bound by contract and any third-party websites to which EP's websites link.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the websites of EP without revealing any personal information. However, EP needs certain personal information if you wish to register for a members account, receive an EP newsletter, or use certain EP services.
- Where required, this information may include your company contact information and your personal contact information. EP will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to set up your members account, to provide you with requested services, and to contact you regarding new services.
- By accessing the services of EP and voluntarily providing us with the requested personal information, you consent to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- EP automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. EP may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, EP does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
- EP uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- EP may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of EP to provide services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
EP may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of EP; or
Third Party Cookies
- Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we or a data provider we have engaged may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data that you have voluntarily submitted to us, or posted to our Web Site. We may share such data with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
- Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google ads preference manager.
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this statement, please do not provide any personal information to EP. If you have provided personal information to EP and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify EP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access your Personal Information
- EP gives you the ability to edit your EP Account Information and preferences at any time using the facilities provided by this website's software.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your EP Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, EP uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls, and physical security measures.
- Further, EP retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- EP may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this statement from time to time. Please review this statement periodically. Your continued use of EP websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions about this privacy statement or your own personal information, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Opting Out of Third-Party Ad Servers
- If you want to prevent a third-party ad server from sending and reading cookies on your computer, currently you must visit each ad network's Web site individually and opt out (if they offer this capability).
If you want to prevent a third-party ad server from sending and reading cookies on your computer, we recommend you block cookies using your browser privacy setting.