Remmy 11-87 SP

Guest tedbo

Thinking about a Remmy SP for HD and MAYBE 3gun comp. I have never done Comp but I think It would fold in well with HD.

I have taken a Tactical shotgun class a few years back and had some fun.

My question is do any of you know of drawbacks on this type of shotgun?

Issues of feeding,reliability servicing tips to keep it tip top?

I had a Remmy for skeet and traded it for an older Marlin in .357 and only put in 250 rounds total without any failures.

Heck,it wasn't really broken in yet!

Thanks for any help!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tn.watchman

last year I bought a remmy 1187, that shot 2 3/4 to 3 1/2, at Wal-mart for 365.00, it was black comp, but I still could not believe the price.

It was made in Russia.

It shoots 3 and 3 1/2 fine but can not handle the 2 3/4s they will not eject well

It will make a good duck and turkey gun.

Made in Russia? I didn't know that.

I have an 870 for HD right now.

I am curious as to why we don't hear much on the semis.

I like the idea of speed in the follow up shots(if needed).

I also would like to hear from the pros who "been there done that".

Minor things to insure positive feeding,etc.

Not looking for a lot of bling,just setting up something that works.

Maybe something with a shell extender and light on the forestock, I don't see the need for ghost ring sights in my little home.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.