Walther PK .380?

Guest jps37033

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SureShot308

I love my P22 also, and I would like to put my hands on a PK380. I haven't seen one anywhere or heard of anywhere having one yet. it might end up like the Kahr P380 and the Sig P238. they had the articles and the adds on them for like 6 months before they really started showing up. The only Kahr P380 i have seen in the one that I bought, and I have only seen one Sig P238 also. Release date on the Walther web site says March/April/May 09.

Guest eyebedam

It shouldve already been out. It's coming & it looks really good. If I wasn't getting a sig with rosewood grips I'd be getting 1. My only issue with the PK.380 is that it's a little large for pocket carry. If I can't pocket carry it I might as well get a larger caliber.

Guest eyebedam
It shouldve already been out. It's coming & it looks really good. If I wasn't getting a sig with rosewood grips I'd be getting 1. My only issue with the PK.380 is that it's a little large for pocket carry. If I can't pocket carry it I might as well get a larger caliber.

I would like to add a few things since I was a little drunk last night when I posted the above. I believe Walther has kinda missed the boat a little on this 1. The PK.380 looks really good & will sell well since the P22 has been so popular but I think they should have taken a different approach.

If they would have designed the new .380 around the PPS platform & made it just a bit smaller I believe it could have been 1 of the hottest pocket guns around. Put it at a price point around 379.00-400.00 range & it would be unstoppable. It wouldve taken some of the kel-tec / LCP market & stole the Sig P238 & Kahrs thunder right off the bat. A complete high end high quality pocket rocket under 400.00 bucks would be smokin. Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. I hope it doesn't sound as if I'm rambling.

Edited by eyebedam
Guest nozzle13

Keep your eyes out, cause I've been looking for one since March. All my wife will carry/shoot is the P22, so she is actually excited about the 380. She'll even let me buy one, and she said no more guns for at least a year!!! So new toy headed my way as soon as they get on the shelves.

Guest SureShot308

start looking for ammo for it now. it's either pay 30-50 a box for it at a gun show or the rare dealer that has it in, or keep checking Walmart/Dicks/Academy/Bass Pro/Cabelas/Gander Mountain..... til you find someone that has some in.

start looking for ammo for it now. it's either pay 30-50 a box for it at a gun show or the rare dealer that has it in, or keep checking Walmart/Dicks/Academy/Bass Pro/Cabelas/Gander Mountain..... til you find someone that has some in.

Hero Gear has had .380 ammo at regular prices. I've also seen it elsewhere.

Guest SureShot308

I may have to make a trip to Hero Gear then. Up this way I can't find it anywhere at "regular" Prices. I find some every once in a while at Academy.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I also love my P22 and have the PPK that I am waiting to return for recall when the time frame of return and backlog eases up I love it and the P22.

I have a PPS9 on layaway that should be coming out soon but I do have my eyes out for the PK380 simply because of how much I like the P22.

From what I've been told the PK's are being made in Germany as was the P22 and should not have the problems that the PPK's had from S&W.

+1 on get the ammo when ever you can

• 1 month later...
Guest yzfMrLee

I know I'm digging up and old thread here, but I just bought a pk380 myself. It's a really nice gun and feels great. Can't really decide if I'll keep it yet or not though. Any of you guys had a chance to try one out yet?

Hero Gear has a First Edition PK380 in stock as of Wednesday afternoon. They're asking $499 for it (about $75 above MSRP). Walther is only releasing 2000 of First Edition models (not sure what number the one they have is) and it comes with an extra magazine and a holster.

I've been looking at a PK380 for my wife since she already has a P22. I wasn't really looking for the First Edition model or I'd probably already bought it (they had it in stock for about a week now).

Guest 70below

I'd like a first edition just because it saves me the trouble of tracking down a second mag. But I can wait until prices get reasonable on a standard PK.

I saw one over the weekend (Randy's in Knoxville).

As a P22 owner, I always thought a .380 version would be on my list. The P22 is very fun to shoot. However, the .380 ammo issue is causing me to pause on purchasing that caliber and I've moved out of the "tacticool" mode. Definitely a neat gun, but my tastes have changed.

Guest yzfMrLee

Yeah the ammo situation is still not great. I'm finding it online some and just ordered 3 boxes. Not just the stupid expensive sites either. You gotta look but think it's coming around. I would however not recommend any 380 as an ONLY handgun because of the difficulty in finding ammo. Just my .02.

Hero Gear has a First Edition PK380 in stock as of Wednesday afternoon. They're asking $499 for it (about $75 above MSRP). Walther is only releasing 2000 of First Edition models (not sure what number the one they have is) and it comes with an extra magazine and a holster.

I've been looking at a PK380 for my wife since she already has a P22. I wasn't really looking for the First Edition model or I'd probably already bought it (they had it in stock for about a week now).

I have #124 First Edition got it from Tri City Gun Depot and after seeing this price I just have to say "I LOVE THIS GUN SHOP". Call Tom or Brian for a price.Mine was not 499 or 479 or 459.Thanks again Guys.