Unique holster suggestion

Guest rabidrhino

Guest rabidrhino

I'm trying to find a specific style of holster (not sure if it exists) for my fiancee's Ruger LCR. What I am looking for is a (1) kydex or molded leather holster that is (2) OWB and (3) could clip on the exterior of her skirt or dress pants. I know this is close to a paddle-type holster, but we are trying to find something without such a large paddle so that it could be more easily stowed when she is not wearing it.

Obviously the scenario/clothing limitations are not idea, but they are what they are, and this would be about the only way she could carry while in business attire.

I've checked some of the typical companies (blade tech, comp-tac, Milt Sparks, raven, etc) and haven't found the ideal holster for her.

Any pointers or suggestions before we consider the custom route?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget paddles. They just wont work unless your wearing a belt, and then I think they stick out too much anyway. Unfortunately, without a belt, holster choices are extremely limited.

Any kind of clip on type of holster is not going to work without a belt to hold it up and keep it secure. I used to wear mainly slacks and shorts without a belt myself, and tried many types of holsters and nothing worked. They all wanted to ride down, or the clips would slip up and the holster would move or even fall off when doing a lot of bending and moving around.

At one time, I put velcro on the front of a Galco IWB and then sewed velcro into the inside waist of my pants where I wanted to wear the holster. That worked pretty well.....but I would have had to sew velcro into every pair of slacks or shorts I owned to be able to wear it with all my clothes. Then, even with a lightweight 442, it still wanted to ride down and I was continually pulling my pants up.

I finally decided that a belly band was the perfect solution when a belt can't be worn. I could wear it with anything I wanted and it held the gun securely and never moved. It also conceals superbly under any type of clothing if placed in the proper position. With women, that position is usually under the breast where our natural curves lead to our shirt being 'bloused" out in that area....makes for an excellent place for a gun so that it doesn't print. ;) That's why most women seem to prefer "appendix carry."

FYI, M-Tac makes a special IWB nuetral cant holster made especially for appendix carry with a woman in mind. I'm waiting to receive mine in the mail right now as a matter of fact. Another great IWB holster is the Kholster. They are totally depth and cant adjustable and it's easy to acheive a great appendix carry position with them.....as well as any other position you want. I love my Kholster and I wear it every day (with a belt).

Without a belt, I found out the long and hard way that it's not easy to carry a gun on your person. The belly band or maybe even a "Smart Carry" is about the only solution when a belt is inappropriate. I use a belly band whenever I'm not wearing a belt, like around the house in my loungewear or in the summer when I'm working or "playing" outside with shorts and a t-shirt on. I have actually switched my style of clothing to jeans and pants with belt loops so that I can wear a belt. Now, I'm not limited in holster choices at all.....and I'm much happier! :rolleyes:

Good luck in finding something that works for your fiance!

Edited by PackinMama
added info