HK Psp

Guest carbonarcher

Guest carbonarcher

Looking to you VETS!:)

I remember when I lived in NJ, the State police carried the P7 m8, at the time they were 1,300$. I had always wanted one! After doing alot of reading on this Great pistol,

I have read it is big to only have 8 9mm rounds

Gets hot after about 100 rounds due to gas system

Yes, they are very accurate.

I have a couple of buddies that are stateys' :cop:they had testified to the fact that this pistol had infact saved some of the troopers lives, when a perp got there hands on the gun and could not figure out how to shoot it.

H&K does not make them anymore.

Would you carry one with all things considered?:hiding:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally prefer the M8 version of the gun. They have a heat shield at the top of the trigger guard, bottom of frame. Heat effects them less. They are very slim, but are heavy for an 8 round capacity gun. I assume by reloading you mean shooting your ammo reloads, not reloading anew mag into the gun. I have shot reloads in mine, but like any polygonal rifled gun, you should not shoot lead. The gas system employed by this design also gets way too gunked up with lead ammo.

I carried a P7 and P7M8 for several years. IMO they were the most accurate combat pistol ever made. True tack driving 9mm's. They have their pros and cons like any other guns. A good holster for their butt heavy design is an absolute necessity. The cocking mechanism is very safe and could confound an uninitiated assailant if they got your weapon. I love the design and I carried mine faithfully until the day came when I could essentially shoot my Glocks nearly as accurately as the P7. I switched because of my ability to use the lighter Glock with more capacity with complete efficiency. I shoot a great deal however and didn't like the constant reloading of mags or the high cost of the HK mags for the P7. The gun and the mags on the P7 are extremely durable.

Forgot one other thing, The chamber is fluted, so I guess reloading is out for this masterpiece?

Not at all, the fluting in the chamber is not pronounced enough that it malforms fired brass. I reload brass fired from my P7s all the time, no issues.

This is an excellent handgun. Very accurate, with a SMOOTH trigger. They are a joy to shoot. They get hot after about 50 rounds, nearly impossible to handle without gloves in more than 100 rounds. This is why you buy two... so one can cool while the other is being shot. I've been shooting P7M8 for a little while now, I am amazed at how accurate I can be with this little squeezer. It is small, but heavy, and well designed. You'll find few pistols this size with a true 4 inch barrel. Mine have experienced zero stoppages in 1000 or so rounds I've put through them.

Top Gun Supply has Grade B P7 for $499 right now. This is a HELL of a deal. If you are remotely interested in this pistol this is a great chance to check them out.

Keep in mind the squeeze cock is a different manual of arms than just about any other semi-auto you've handled, so trigger time is essential to be confident and competent with the firearm.

There are also special considerations with holsters. The weight in this gun is different than other autos, it is "high" on the gun, so it needs a holster that holds it well. There are a few that seem to be popular with P7 enthusiasts, including Milt Sparks VMII. I think it should also ride well in a Crossbreed supertuck. I really don't carry mine so I don't have a lot of experience with it on my hip.

Guest chosinsteve

I have a P7psp and an M8 variant. These are excellent little pistols and HK was way ahead of the power curve with these! I don't shoot the M8 but have shot my PSP a lot and love it!

Guest carbonarcher

Packingvol__

Thanks for the correction. I was under the impression that the fluted chamber caused the brass to deform and not be able to reload it.

Good info!