AMD 65???

TN Outlaw

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just picked one up from a member here :hiding: waiting on ammo as we speak, but once i do, i'll put her through her paces.

She's a beauty and from seeing the reviews on several message boards, they seem popular & pretty well liked :)

is there a certain kind of one i should look for is The Nodak spud reciever good?

They are an exceptional US AK receiver manufacturer. Couldn't ask for better. I have 2 AK74's and an AMD65 built on their receivers. The work is flawless on their receivers.

Check J&G sales online...they typically have good prices on AK's. I had an AMD 65 and a WASR once upon a time. The AMD was by far much better made and higher quality. The stock sucks unless you rig up a cheek weld and wrap it in paracord, but the gun was awesome. It shoots a huge fireball out as the muzzle brake definately isn't a flash hider....it's a fun gun to go blast with.

I'd buy another AMD before a WASR and deal with modifying the stock any day.

Guest 6.8 AR

Honestly, I don't know enough about AK's to be of much help. Mine says "FEG 7.62X39 Made in Hungary".

What is a Nodak Spud receiver? My AMD is tight and shoots very well.

Honestly, I don't know enough about AK's to be of much help. Mine says "FEG 7.62X39 Made in Hungary".

What is a Nodak Spud receiver? My AMD is tight and shoots very well.

Yours is a Hungarian made receiver. very well made guns. Probably imported by TGI, then hicapped as they were imported as a low cap receiver. Then added the US required parts to be 922® compliant. I've fired a few of the FEG guns. they are really well made and reliable.

A NoDak Spud receiver is a US made receiver. They make a lot of receivers for the US market. They have a new US made fully welded Uzi receiver out now. Really thinking of getting one as they are $200 fully welded and ready to add a semi barrel. The front barrel trunnion will only accept a semi barrel as it is smaller sized. It will not accept a full auto barrel as the barrel nut is a lot larger.

Edited by 50 cal
Guest 6.8 AR

Thanks, I didn't know that. I am looking at the mag well right now. Is that what you mention?

The mag well lips do appear to have been cut a bit and it looks like the spot welded plate over the stamped

indention on the receiver was actually cut, just like what I am about to do to one of those single stack AK's.

And, yes, it is one of those TGI imports. Thanks for the info!