Tenn. Measure OKs Guns At Work

Looks like the "new" word is getting out...

Jacksonsun - Tenn. bill to protect employers allowing guns

Also TV news in Jackson reported it correctly...

This is funny. Channel 13 in Memphis, the Fox affiliate got it all wrong. Fox usuallly being the media outlet that at least gets close, missed a mile. They reported that this was a bill to allow HCP holders to carry at work. On the REAL fllip side, the usually liberal rag, WMC, Channel 5 actually got it right, CALL THE PARAMEDICS, I AM ABOUT TO FALL OVER DEAD. Channel 5 is usually alignes with the Commercial Appeal newpaper. a REAL liberal reg.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in the same note. If they are allowing liability protection for those employers who allow people to carry then those that don't should be held accountable for any injuries or deaths that could have prevented with the use of a firearm.

This should be the same for restaurants that allow people to enter with firearms. They should also have liability protection. After all it isn't like the restaurant itself would be the problem it would be the person wielding the gun.

When it comes to the restaurants that are posted I have always asked for them to be liable if I become injured by a situation a gun could have prevented. I have done this by writing reps on several occassions. Hold the criminal financially accountable first but if the criminal is unable to pay then the remainder is to be covered by the restaurant that refused me my ability to protect myself. If the restaurants will not allow me the ability to protect myself then they should be held responsible if I do become injured especially if the injury could have been easily prevented through the use of my firearm.

Dolomite

And in the same note. If they are allowing liability protection for those employers who allow people to carry then those that don't should be held accountable for any injuries or deaths that could have prevented with the use of a firearm.

This should be the same for restaurants that allow people to enter with firearms. They should also have liability protection. After all it isn't like the restaurant itself would be the problem it would be the person wielding the gun.

When it comes to the restaurants that are posted I have always asked for them to be liable if I become injured by a situation a gun could have prevented. I have done this by writing reps on several occassions. Hold the criminal financially accountable first but if the criminal is unable to pay then the remainder is to be covered by the restaurant that refused me my ability to protect myself. If the restaurants will not allow me the ability to protect myself then they should be held responsible if I do become injured especially if the injury could have been easily prevented through the use of my firearm.

Dolomite

This bill doesn't seem to address liabilty at all....

<<This bill doesn't seem to address liabilty at all.... >>

No, it doesn't. The bill really has a singular purpose, which was described ad nauseum during the committee hearing - to specifically exclude 'not posting a property' from possibly being considered as a situation that creates a dangerous work environment. This keeps TOSHA from having to consider each such case individually on its own merits, as they said they would have to do when they dismissed the one from last year - they now can just reference this section of the code and be done with it. It doesn't do anything more than that.

<<This bill doesn't seem to address liabilty at all.... >>

No, it doesn't. The bill really has a singular purpose, which was described ad nauseum during the committee hearing - to specifically exclude 'not posting a property' from possibly being considered as a situation that creates a dangerous work environment. This keeps TOSHA from having to consider each such case individually on its own merits, as they said they would have to do when they dismissed the one from last year - they now can just reference this section of the code and be done with it. It doesn't do anything more than that.

:D

This bill doesn't seem to address liabilty at all....

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A measure that would provide NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A measure that would provide liability protection for employers who choose to allow guns to be carried in their workplace is headed for a full House vote. for employers who choose to allow guns to be carried in their workplace is headed for a full House vote.

This is from the article. I assumed it was truthful and didn't read the bill itself.

Dolomite