Viola Shooting Range (?)

Guest oldfella

Guest oldfella

Has any one been to the Viola shooting range lately - are they still in operation? I haven't been there in a few years, and want to know what the deal is. They used to charge $5 bucks - if the range guy was not around, we'd just leave the money in his mail box. I've been trying to reach them all day at the phone number shown on the net, no answer. Any one know? Thanks.

Pete (The Oldfella)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oldfella, I see that you are from Tullahoma. Are you familiar with Terry Walden's range off of exit 105 in Manchester? He's got a 300yd rifle range and a pistol range and charges $5/day or $100/year. The range is open 8-dusk Mon-Sat and 12:30-dusk on Sunday. If they aren't at the range, you can just drop money off at a box at the store and drive back to the range. Pretty nice if you ask me.

Guest oldfella
oldfella, I see that you are from Tullahoma. Are you familiar with Terry Walden's range off of exit 105 in Manchester? He's got a 300yd rifle range and a pistol range and charges $5/day or $100/year. The range is open 8-dusk Mon-Sat and 12:30-dusk on Sunday. If they aren't at the range, you can just drop money off at a box at the store and drive back to the range. Pretty nice if you ask me.

Thanks for the heads-up - Yes I know Terry and his place - I understand that he still does not have shooting stand/cover. My bald head and overall lack of standing stamina need some shade and place to sit. I'll pay him a visit next time.

Pete (The Oldfella)

Thanks for the heads-up - Yes I know Terry and his place - I understand that he still does not have shooting stand/cover. My bald head and overall lack of standing stamina need some shade and place to sit. I'll pay him a visit next time.

Pete (The Oldfella)

Well I'm pleased to inform you that he has got a covered area with 4 right-handed benches and 1 lefty. It's pretty nice. Has a bunch of chairs, too. This is all on the rifle range, I'm not too sure about the pistol range, I don't have any pistols to shoot over there.

Lol, I feel like I'm doing a commercial for this guy, but it is a nice place and a bit closer than Viola.

Guest oldfella

It's good to know - Apparently I have outdated info. I might go out there today and take an out of town friend with me. I just called him (8:00 AM), no answer - he may still be in bed.

Pete

• 1 year later...
Guest milkman

I was going to ask some questions I figured I would just use this old topic...

1. What are the Saturday hours of this range?

2. Are there Target Stands or do I need to bring my own?

3. Can I use Silhouette Targets or do I need Bulls Eye Targets?

Thanks for the info.

I was going to ask some questions I figured I would just use this old topic...

1. What are the Saturday hours of this range?

2. Are there Target Stands or do I need to bring my own?

3. Can I use Silhouette Targets or do I need Bulls Eye Targets?

Thanks for the info.

1. I think it's 9am until dusk.

2. There are giant boards there to put your targets on.

3. Any kind of targets are fine.

Enjoy!

buk