Job hunting? Look here.

Guest boatme99

Guest boatme99

I havn't been on in quite a while because I got a new job.

I'm now officially a miner.

I got hired by Nyrstar Inc. in Carthage.

Nyrstar is hiring for all kinds of positions, from general cleanup to salaried managerial jobs

Nyrstar is the worlds largest producer of zinc. They have 2 mines in Tn., one in Carthage and one in Strawberry Plains in E. Tn.

They also have a smelter in Crossville.

This is a great job! Good pay, BCBS insurance, optical, dental, vacation, etc.

Lots of overtime! Oh yeah! (I'm getting 20 hrs. a WEEK O/T!).

The insurance started 2 weeks after hiring.

I started 6 weeks ago and am getting a promotion and going to a 1 week class in Strawberry Plains on Monday.

I checked the company out at their website before joining. They are a good, reliable outfit.

If you're job hunting, I strongly recommend applying here.

You have to apply through your county unemployment/help center, not at the mines.

They need mechanics, maint., equip. operators, mill operators, blasters, scalers, miners, geologists, surveyors, safety, office, managers. Just about anything you can think of.

You don't need experience for a lot of the mine/mill jobs, they'll train.

And there are lots of above ground jobs.

Check them out. Good Luck!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.