Looking for a NEW 3 Gunner (#2) & Match Reminder

The Match Director at MTSC (Middle Tn Shooters Club) in Manchester has decided to sponsor a FREE Match Fee Pass good for (1) Match Fee ($30 Value) at MTSC and it's being offered to a NEW 3 Gun Shooter in the TGO Family.

Some restrictions apply.

1) This offer good for the next Match, Saturday Feb 2nd 2008

2) Must be new to 3 Gun Competition at MTSC

3) Must be able to follow safe gun handling practices.

4) Must be willing to have fun.

Please reply here and come out and join us.

The next 3 Gun Match at MTSC will be 9am Saturday Feb 2nd 2008 .

http://www.midtnshooters.com/

Anyone interested?

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe no one want's a free pass to play one of the best games around.

I'm still hopefull someone will come along and take us up on it.

I doubt it will be Sunny and 70's but it will be fun none the less...

Forrest, I noticed you sold your long guns so if you want to come play we can hook you up with the hardware.

Guest ETS_Inc

Unfortunately, I have to teach a class that day. Alas, such is the story of my life - my weekends are always classes or gun shows, never any time for competing.

awdbandito,

If you have an AR-15 type rifle your all set. I have seen AK's, SKS, M1A's, FAL, ... for rifle. Only limit is no pistol caliber.

Shotgun should be no problem. You can borrow one the first time around. I would go with the action type your more familiar with pump or semi. Let us know and we'll hook you up.

I think this might be fun, but I don't really have a shotgun that I can use. I have a .40 Beretta with a couple mags for a pistol, and am not too sure of the right rifle to use.
awdbandito,

If you have an AR-15 type rifle your all set. I have seen AK's, SKS, M1A's, FAL, ... for rifle. Only limit is no pistol caliber.

Shotgun should be no problem. You can borrow one the first time around. I would go with the action type your more familiar with pump or semi. Let us know and we'll hook you up.

awdbandito,

It looks like the boss (Slowsure) has spoken and the Free Pass is yours if you want it. Please IM me your real name or post here so we will know who to look for.

Also if you have any questions feel free to ask ....:D

OK, PM sent. So, I can use a 5.56 AR-15, but not a 9mm AR-15, is that correct?

Hrmmmm.

awdbandito,

Looks like you are the winner.

The majority of people use a 5.56 AR-15 (no steel core ammo) and a 9mm is NOT allowed at this and most other T3G matches.

If ammo prices keep going up we may need to start a 22lr classification.

PM replied.

Thanks,

Mike

What would the 5.7x28mm cartridge be considered? A rifle cartridge or a pistol cartridge? (it was chambered in the P90 first)

I could see a matching Five-seveN and PS90 making for some good competition... I imagine that the Five-seveN might not qualify, since it's under 9mm, and wouldn't make minor PF (40gr x 1900fps / 1000) < 125

I'm all in now. The girlfriend is getting her hair done and she told me to go shoot.

I'll use a .40 for a pistol, an M4-gery for the rifle, and I'll need to borrow a shotgun, unless a magazine fed bolt action 20ga will do? =)

Is the attire just standard playing outside clothes?

Can I use Wolf ammo for the AR?

What would the 5.7x28mm cartridge be considered? A rifle cartridge or a pistol cartridge? (it was chambered in the P90 first)

I'm not sure about that round or the official rules but some matches say it must be a bottle neck rifle cartridge.

I'm all in now. The girlfriend is getting her hair done and she told me to go shoot.

I'll use a .40 for a pistol, an M4-gery for the rifle, and I'll need to borrow a shotgun, unless a magazine fed bolt action 20ga will do? =)

Is the attire just standard playing outside clothes?

Can I use Wolf ammo for the AR?

Sounds good !!

You can shoot a Mag fed 20 gauge in Open class if you like but since it's a bolt gun you might want to bring a few boxes of 12 gauge bird shot and some slugs.

For clothes I would dress for warmth and comfort we had snow on the ground last Feb when we started.

I shoot Wolf .223 all the time.

awdbandito,

Great to hear! Pistol with 3 mags is good.

M4-gery with 2-3 mags is good (rifle will need a sling).

Bolt 20ga shotgun not good. What type of action are you more comfortable with semi or pump? You can borrow McFoot... I mean my stuff. :eek: A couple boxes of 7 1/2's and a min. of 8 slugs.

What to wear? No rules really. Just comfy and warm. Your gona be runnin around shootin so.....

Wolf is fine. As said before no steel core ammo!!!

molonlabetn

"What would the 5.7x28mm cartridge be considered? A rifle cartridge or a pistol cartridge? (it was chambered in the P90 first)"

We dont check major and minor. Too much hassle for local match. Looks like it wouldn't make minor. But if someone showed up with a PS90 I would let it in if thats all you had. IMHO those things are uglier than sin.

I'm really getting excited about this. I've never done any competetive shooting at all, so this might be interesting.

I'm fairly familiar with both a pump and an automatic shotgun, I'll just have to have the owner of the borrowed weapon to give me a quick functional rundown of his rig.

What distance are we shooting the pistol out to, and what size are the targets we have to contact?

Pistol will normally be less than 30 Yards and paper will be IDPA Targets.

There is the potential for some steel and a 12pc plate rack with ~ 6" plates.

Shotgun will be near the same yardage with Slugs on IDPA paper and Birdshot on Steel and Clay.

Rifle will be mostly the same but up to ~125yds

IDPA paper up close and steel at a distance.

Mr. Slowsure likes multigun and seperating the men from the boys by

throwing in a few twist TBD.

Some things to think about but not get scared away by.

Week Hand Pistol

Week Shoulder Long Guns

Shooting all 3 guns in a single stage

Shooting one with another slung

Shooting through low Ports (Not too Low if I help Setup)

Shooting through and carrying through Cooper Tunnels

Shooting ~125yds after running

And just about anything else that can be safely done.

The biggest thing you have to worry about is getting hooked and wanting

to spend more money on 3 Gun Gear.

I'm fairly familiar with both a pump and an automatic shotgun, I'll just have to have the owner of the borrowed weapon to give me a quick functional rundown of his rig.

If you could get to the match 1/2 hour early and I can give you a quick run down of the shotgun. 2 boxes of 7 1/2's (dont HAVE to be 7 1/2's, 6's, 8's will work too) and 8 slugs and you will be ready to have some fun!

See everyone @ 9:00am on the 2nd.

Crap.

I just realized that the only ammo I have for my AK is surplus 5.45x39 (which has a mild steel core). I used up the last of my case of Wolf since the last match.

I'd be surprised if I can find some Wolf locally, and nobody overnights ammo to get it shipped by Saturday.

How 'hard and fast' is that rule? Mild steel core 5.45 doesn't penetrate any more than bi-metal FMJ Wolf...

Edited by molonlabetn