EGW 20moa bases for MKII

Guest 556or762

Guest 556or762

I just wanted to let everyone know that EGW has helped take one of the best .22cal target rifles and made it awesome. I have just ordered a 20 moa scope base for my Savage MKII .22lr made by EGW the bases should give me back all of the elevation lost in making it to 200yds. I have a MKII tr with a 22in barrel and a Center Point 4 - 16x mil dot scope( I know its not the best but they are great for a .22) I have run out of elevation just inside of 200yds with subsonic ammo and my YHM 22 mite suppressor attatched. I know most people dont shoot a .22 that far but it is great practice for the bigger calibers like my .308 I still have to do my part especially so in wind to make a good shot at 200 yds. I have been trying for a consistant 300yd shot and have come up short even with high velocity .22 due to the lack of elevation to get my crosshairs on target. I have to give all the up elevation Ive got and then hold on the 4th mil to get to 300yds, but now that EGW has made a 20moa base I should be able to dial in my elevation out to 300 and maybe beyond with high velocity ammo. I will update this post after I get more time to shoot this weekend until then if anyone wants one here is a link to EGW.

Savage Mark II and 93 Picatinny Rail Scope Mount: Evolution Gun Works Inc.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 556or762

I got the new EGW 20moa base on my MKII TR .22 and got to sight it back in over the last couple of days. I like the fit and finish on the base it has very crisp edges and my straight edge says it is dead straight down every surface. I mounted the base on my gun and noticed the high rings that I had been using were going to be way high so I had a set of weaver med.s that I used for the scope re-install that put the objective right on the barrel Perfect! I got back outside to shoot and was surprised to note that I had to adjust my windage 1.25 moa to the left, I dont know which mount was pointed off of bore center line but one of them was (or both). I got back to shooting at 50yds and then out to 100yds and got my zero there, I then went to 200 and even with subsonic CCI ammo I still have 18 moa of elevation left in my scope, that is plenty to get to 300yds with standard or high velocity .22. I have some pics I put on my new FLikr below.

MKIItr - a set on Flickr