Need help from SIG masters

ProjectDexter

I just recently purchased a Sig p220 dark/elite, and I'm already thinking of new grip options. Came with the alumigrips, and although grippy, they seem freezing to the hands when carried during these cold nights this past week.

So I've been researching some other grip options. I like the wood grips, but I'm looking for something "tacticool" that's a little more stealthy and has a lanyard loop. I can't find ANY grips with lanyard loops, tell me I'm missing something.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest razorblade

Check with Sig. They have other grips available through customer service. Are yours for a DAO model or DA/SA? I've been toying with the idea of picking up a set like yours for a DA/SA model, just couldn't bring myself to pay Sig's retail price. In case you need it here is Sig's website: sigsauer.com. Although I'm sure you already knew it. Good luck with your search.

Guest twpayne75

Is this for CC?

The reason I ask is that I have had Hogue G10s on my 226R, 228R, and 220R. They will eat your back if not wearing an undershirt and mine have ruined several shirts period. You can sand them down slightly and that helps. Here is a pic of them on the 228R.

0629101038.jpg

My favorite grips for the 220 are the Sig Slim Grips. Don't think they have the lanyard hole. Then again I have never looked, never actually though about using one. Here they are. And they are actually pretty cheap.

0723101103.jpg

I carry my 229 w/ aluminum grips IWB and they don't seem to get too cold since my body heat helps keep the gun warm.

I would suggest looking at the hogue g10s as well, they are a composite and should not be affected much by temperature change. Or you could always look at the stock grips (but I am assuming you are wanting to go aftermarket). Could go with the hogue wrap around finger grips as well, cheap and very comfy.

Thanks for all the replies. This is not really for carry, I've carried it a little bit in a crossbreed-ish type holster but I've been using it in more of a "tactical" role. I have a safariland light bearing thigh rig and I've been training with that in my SHTF type scenarios (AR, plate carrier, ect.). Friends that I shoot with all have their tacticool lanyards and I was hoping I could find some grips to accommodate one.

Sigs website doesn't really seem to have any accessories at all so I supposed I should just give them a call. Seems like the non-slim polymer grips have a lanyard loop, but I can't find them for sale, anywhere.

Friends that I shoot with all have their tacticool lanyards and I was hoping I could find some grips to accommodate one.

That is probably your problem right there. Real SHTF scenario's you probably aren't going to be able to strap on your 1 point sling, AR, tacical vest/plate carrier, etc. Again, just another opinion on an internet forum, but you might want to train a little more realistically. A bug out bag that has some supplies w/ mag pouches on the outside that can double as a dump pouch. Your normal carry holster/rig vs a thigh rig that you don't wear daily, etc.

If you are just doing it for fun, that is one thing, more power to you - but if you are taking it as semi-serious SHTF training, you probably need to rethink your gear and whether you would realistically use it in said scenario. As most scenarios you may be away from home, and stuck with only what you have in your car/on your person or little time to prepare to leave the home. How long does it take you to get geared up?

Just some food for thought, aside from the tacticool look what purpose is that lanyard really going to serve you? Seems more like you are just wanting it because your buddies have them on theirs, even though it probably won't be of any use.

Edit - If I had a pistol on a lanyard, I would want a pistol I didn't give 2 flips about dragging on the ground by the lanyard. I would have a glock strung to me. I would go ape if I dropped my 229 in the dirt and drug it across some rocks and scratched the crap out of it.

^^^ You are right the Lanyard is mostly for playing, My friends are LEO and Military and they seem to like the lanyard, so I want to try it.

However, when it comes it SHTF, I'm pretty serious. Plate carrier is hanging right next to the wife and mine assault packs if we need to go heavy depending on situation. We have different levels of pre-packed bug out gear always at hand. Pre mapped out routes to get to the parents farm in case of a total society melt-down, and even extra stuff stored at friends houses along the way. We're pretty serious haha.