OWB holster for P238

I like to have my carry options covered with all my guns. I've already got a Don Hume 715 IWB and a 001 pocket holster for it and a Talon pocket holster on the way. (the Hume pocket holster is brown and I don't like brown holsters. I don't care if it's in my pocket and out of sight, I don't like brown holsters.) I probably won't be carrying the Sig OWB much, if at all, but my rules say I have to have one so dammit I have to get one.

I want it to be as small as possible and ride close to my body. I've got a Desantis Mini Scabbard for my Shield and it's the one I'm thinking about for the P238. Another is a kydex from PJ Holsters. I was hoping I could get by with the one that came with it. It has good retention but the gun rides high in it and wants to roll over/away from my body regardless of the belt.

Anybody using one that you really like?? I'm sure I've looked over some that are on the market. And Happy New Year TGO!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting on the Mini Scabbard but the Talon pocket holster showed up yesterday. Reinforced top and the leather on the body is rough side out to keep it from moving around. It's a lot more comfortable than the Don Hume and the pocket hook works better. I was a little concerned about how much trigger was exposed but I've tried and can't get my finger on it when the gun is holstered and in my pocket. Also, it's got a molded notch that the safety sits in. It makes it really hard, but not impossible, to accidentally flip the safety off.

DSC01061_zps212da04c.jpg

That much exposed trigger on a pocket gun would scare me. My Braids leather holster (purchased from Ebay) for my LCP fits well and covers the trigger completely. For my Glock 27 I use a kydex model form "aholster" which also totally covers the trigger guard.

That much exposed trigger on a pocket gun would scare me. 

Same here. When I looked at that picture my eyes got huge.

Jimmy, I'm sorry but you would be crazy to use that holster. Why advantage do you get by using a pocket holster with the trigger exposed? It's not smart.