If I could have, but a minute of your time,

zmtd8

I have a story to share.

This is my friend Jesse and here is his story

http://copingthrutravel.blogspot.com/2014_07_01_archive.html

If you don't read it that is fine, I will sum up the main points for you. I met him in college and to say he least he is very eccentric, but the best friend I have ever had. He worked his way through college on a very limited budget, but would give you anything you needed if he had it. So, he got through college moved back home and now it has been a few months and he still hasn't found a job. He doesn't really have anywhere to go and on top of that has discovered he has skin cancer. He doesn't have insurance, but he hasn't let it cripple him. He has decided that he is going to do what he loves and is going to backpack/bike the country and see all the things he has always dreamed of seeing. 

The reason I am posting his story here is because:

1. He is probably doing what all of has dreamed of.

2. I was wanting you guys to maybe drop by give his story a read and leave some advice and encouragement.

3. He has some stuff he is trying to sell to help fund his trip and their may be some things some of you all are interested in.

4. Because if there was ever a guy that I would want to help out it would be him.

Thank you all for your time. 

Tyler

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many different types of skin cancer , his will probably not be fatal. He needs to focus on life , not death. He needs to keep looking for a job and let life run it's course. The big hiking trip surly is not the filling element of his bucket list. Keep us informed , depression is not to be dealt with alone. Edited by Fourtyfive

Sorry to hear about you friend. I lost my first wife to skin cancer (melanoma) when she was just 38 years old. She was first diagnosed at 29 when my daughter was born. The above poster makes some valid points. But even without insurance, there are treatment options. If he is sick, he can go into a hospital emergency room and ask to be seen. By law, even without insurance they can't deny him treatment.  I can't tell from his blog where or when or who made the initial diagnosis, but getting a treatment plan and some help, as well as meds for his bi-polar illness will make him able to put things into perspective. He sounds like a very lonely soul, but perhaps not by choice. Good luck to him in his journey.