Sig 226 Elite

Guest Dean_JC78

Guest Dean_JC78

Love the gun, hate the grip. What can be done about it? I hate to pay all that extra for the darn bulky wood to only pay more money to replace it. Any suggestions? I have some experience with this pistol and think its amazing, anyone else have any experience? Looking at the 357sig.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell those " darn bulky wood grips" many out there love those wood ones. You can get around 100$ for them and then buy a set of Hogue Extreme Aluminum Grips. They sell around 140$. They are checkered for a positive, slip free grip surface and a bit thinner.

Sell those " darn bulky wood grips" many out there love those wood ones. You can get around 100$ for them and then buy a set of Hogue Extreme Aluminum Grips. They sell around 140$. They are checkered for a positive, slip free grip surface and a bit thinner.

What he said. If you take it to one of the gunshows, there is usually a guy there selling all kinds of grips. He will let you "try them on" to make sure you like them. As for the 357 sig, its a great round, but expensive to shoot alot.

Guest Dean_JC78

I hate to have to try and re-sell that grip. It is lame when "features" are forced on us as consumers. I wrote Sig a letter, lets see what they say!

The 357 is not as popular but it has gotten great reviews and since I already have a 9mm, I am going for something different.

Love the gun, hate the grip. What can be done about it? I hate to pay all that extra for the darn bulky wood to only pay more money to replace it. Any suggestions? I have some experience with this pistol and think its amazing, anyone else have any experience? Looking at the 357sig.

Got a pic?

Guest VolGrad

The Elite grips are a funny thing. They look good but many folks don't like them. Almost all the folks I know who have Elites have replaced them with Hogues, Nills, or something else.

You can sell them easily for upward of $100 on SigForum or elsewhere. It does suck to have to go through the process but it's no big deal. Do yourself a favor and get something you like better.

Guest Dean_JC78

I really dig the Hogue Extreme and think I will go that route once I get it. Hopefully I can find a buyer for the wood. Will keep you all posted on that part along with pics once I get it.

On the Sig Corp front they told me tough luck. Figured... but worth a shot right?

"Thank you for your email and support of our products!

Unfortunately the Elite model is not available to purchase without the wood grips. You would need to purchase the gun as is, then change the grips if you do not like them.

Apologies for the inconvenience"

Guest VolGrad

I don't know first hand but have heard Sig will sometimes VOID a warranty for something as simple as changing the grips out. I personally wouldn't let this stop me. You could keep the wood grips in case your Sig develops some issue that requires it to be sent back home for repair. You could slap the wood back on it and they would never know the diff. Just an idea. I probably would gamble though since the wood grips are worth $. Your call, just another thing to consider.

I don't know first hand but have heard Sig will sometimes VOID a warranty for something as simple as changing the grips out.

I've never had a problem with Sig honoring their warranty on a gun that had the grips changed.